2.3 He's Still Here?!

Xiao Feng was young and lack nutrition ever since the zombie outbreak. Worried that she might feel tired and collapse, they made multiple stops to ensure her stamina and health. Xiao Feng was a good girl that never complained despite going through such hardships, she was more worried about Changming not having enough sleep.

"Gege, go sleep, I will keep watch!" She balled her hands into fists and talked with determination.

Touched by her words, Changming chuckled and pulled her into his arms. He rubbed her head gently.

"Don't worry about your gege, I sleep when you sleep. I just usually wake up earlier, ok?"

Xiao Feng pouted, obviously not believing in his words, but she knew he would never admit it. Changming and his sister were harmonious as they relied on each other to survive since small. Because of their circumstances, Xiao Feng seemed to be more mature than her peers, which made Changming worried.

They continued traveling until the pendant's effect wore off. Xiao Feng was horrified but she could only stifle her cry to not alert the zombies. Changming had to coax her every time she teared up from seeing his scars, he had to quickly find a jacket to cover them up. Thinking about it, he should never let his sister see his ability.

As they kept walking with the hints from the plot, some figures appeared from far away. Changming squinted his eyes to look if they were humans or zombies. They sneakily got closer and to Changming's surprise, it was the male lead's party! According to the plot, they should have already arrived at the South base, how could they still be here?

Zhong Guang sensed someone tailing them and immediately activate his ability. His head whipped over to Changming's position and was about to launch the attack. Sensing the crisis, Changming hugged his little sister and rolled over to avoid the fireball.

"Huff...Huff... A-Are you ok, Xiao Feng?" His whole body was sore and ached when it made an impact on the hard ground.

'Damn that male lead! Could he not wait to see who it is first?' Changming hugged Xiao Feng closer and gritted his teeth.

"Wu-wu-wu, you're bleeding again gege." Xiao Feng tearfully used her hand to gently dabbed on Changming little cut on his face. This sister also cared about her brother a lot, she must have been devastated in the original plot if she knew of his death.

Changming, not scared of zombies anymore, shouted toward that group of people. If they wanted to harm him, they could not let them off scotch free.

"STOP! WE ARE-"

Before the sentence could be finished, a large hand appeared and covered his mouth. Changming struggled to get out and glared at the person in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were a zombie. Please forgive me, Huifang will help you heal the wound." A low but muffled voice sounded from the masked man in front of him. There were some scars that were still visible just above the mask, and his swept-back hair, let people focus on the strong and resolute blue eyes.

Changming managed to wiggle away from the other's clutch. He checked to see if Xiao Feng had any injury first before hiding her behind his back. Even if Zhong Guang was a good guy, he had to act vigilantly because this man just attacked them.

"I-I'm really sorry, I don't know how to make it up to you." Zhong Guang looked behind his back to see Yang Huifang approaching, his eyes were pleading for help. He felt really guilty for almost attacking the skinny youth and a little girl.

"Hello, my name is Yang Huifang, this is Zhong Guang. We are heading toward a base that can help shield the people from the outbreak. What about you?" Her eyes looked soft at the little girl behind the youth.