1.4 "Jian-ge, I'm worried about you..."

Creak.

The door was slightly opened as a head popped out. Yongliang carefully looked around to see that Ren Jian was already packing his stuff to leave. Was he planning to leave him here? Yongliang scoffed at the iceberg. He thought that their relationship had improved a bit but it was only his imagination. Just because they were childhood friends and their families were close, Yongliang could not escape from Ren Jian as long as he was in A country.

"You're up? I thought you would sleep more." Ren Jian immediately noticed Yongliang. He looked at the starry eyes that curved up into a crescent.

"How could I? This is your company after all. It was just jet lag, Jian-ge." Yongliang shook his head with a bright smile on his face. If he really had slept more, he would probably sleep until tomorrow.

"It's fine if you sleep more."

"Hahaha, if I really did, you would have to carry me home."

"..."

"Haha...ha?"

No way! He would really carry him home? He was always deep in sleep every time so he never knew how Ren Jian managed to put him to bed. Piggy-back was fine but if it was princess carry... Yongliang could feel his face burning so he lowered his head immediately.

"Heh."

A light laugh sounded. Then there were footsteps getting closer to Yongliang's side. Once again, the iceberg put his hand on Yongliang's shoulder and move him forward. It was a quite intimate gesture but nothing too out of the ordinary like a couple of good brothers. Yongliang then lifted his head and looked into Ren Jian's eyes. He began to speak earnestly.

"Jian-ge, that sister from before keeps bothering you right? I don't think she is up to no good."

"...You think so?" There was a sudden pressure on Yongliang's shoulder as Ren Jian spoke.

"Yeah! Jian-ge is so handsome and capable! All the people around you only have greedy eyes. She tried to stain your clothes with wine and kept asking you out for dinners. I would be blind if I did not notice it at all." Yongliang started to puff his cheeks. He was obviously only putting up an act but the more he said it, the more he felt angry toward Sun Xia...

No way...

This was not possible...

"Don't worry, I only regard her as a business asset. She has great potential... Yongliang?" Ren Jian noticed that Yongliang's face suddenly turned pale. His hand then touched Yongliang's forehead with a worried expression. Yongliang frowned but he did not move his hand away.

"Ah, I'm fine. I was just worried about you, Jian-ge. People would misunderstand your intentions and twist them to fit them in their fantasies. I think it's best that you should not directly talk to her anymore." Out of the corner of his eyes, there was a figure standing in the corner of the company hallway. That figure was shaking and clenching their fist. Who could it be if not the female lead?

"Okay, I got it. Now let's go back quickly. You didn't have lunch." Ren Jian hastily moved Yongliang to the elevator and looked at the lunch box in the trash can briefly. This kind of action scratched Yongliang's heart. The more he spent time with Ren Jian, the gentler Ren Jian became. However, every time such a thing happened, he would wake up and become the ice-cold president again. It had only been half a month since he became Yongliang, he was not the type of person to be shaken easily.

'Ha... Maybe I have never been close to a male lead so I felt these weird feelings... It's weird to have the male lead being attentive to me. Anyway, would her behavior be the same? It's pretty clear that the iceberg had never seen her in that light.'

Sometimes the leads of the world were brain-dead so Yongliang did not have much hope. He just prayed that the plot would not collapse so soon.

-------------------------------------

"THAT PIG! IT WAS HIS FAULT THAT REN JIAN STARTED IGNORING ME!!"

The room was a mess. There were shards of glasses and scattered papers all over the floor. The flower petals were scattered in the air as it slowly revealed an ugly expression on the angelic face.

"Ever since I saw him with Ren Jian at that restaurant, Ren Jian started avoiding me! Ren Jian always went with me to the parties but now he kept directing his calls to the secretary!!!"

A pillow was smashed against the floor. She huffed and puffed until she just collapsed onto the sofa. It was one year ago when her life changed. She used to live in a small studio with everything cramped into a single room. Looking around, she had afforded a much better apartment with brand endorsements that helped her obtain these expensive clothes and jewels. It was all thanks to Ren Jian, the most perfect man she had ever met.

Maybe it really was just her fantasy, maybe he had never had any ideas about her. However, she had tasted what it was like to be bathed in attention and luxury just by being near Ren Jian. She could not get out, she did not want to be pulled out.

That was why she chose to believe that his affection for her was obstructed by an outsider, a piggie at that. When she looked into his eyes at the restaurant, she could see how clear and bright they were and it scared her. Why did it scare her? The answer would probably destroy her conscience and pride so she ignored it. It must have been ridiculed in his eyes that she saw at that moment, it had to be!

"Ha, who does he think he is?" The young master of the Lai family of course.

"Ren Jian seemed to be close with him. I need to somehow crack them so that Ren Jian would never listen to what he says..." Sun Xia smiled wickedly as she looked at the mirror on her right.

"Ah, there it is. I guess they cannot escape the plot's setting." On the bed, Yongliang was listening to Sun Xia's scheme while shaking his head. Yongliang knew some simple hacking so he could listen through Sun Xia's phone.

"From a talented and hard-working actress to a scheming bitch who wants to use shortcuts. How is this a female lead...? I guess the plot tried to put on pink glasses to protect the female lead." It was not Yongliang's first time coming across a scheming main character. Through various worlds, there were truly innocent but ignorant leads, as well as evil but righteous in their own ways leads.

Yongliang pondered for a while. If Sun Xia still went according to the script then what about Ren Jian? Would he abandon Yongliang like that too?

"No, why am I thinking about that iceberg? Let's just go to the gym." Even though Yongliang hardly cared about his appearance, he felt unfamiliar and sluggish in this body. He might as well just go to the gym to pass his time.

As he was walking down the stairs in his workout clothes, a familiar figure appeared again. This guy started accompanying him when he announced that he would exercise to get in shape. He used the excuse of monitoring and mentoring him to go with him.

Even if it was a bit annoying to keep running into him again, a small smile appeared on the corner of Yongliang's mouth. He even had time to go to the gym, this was a vacation world indeed. Thinking about it, Yongliang was in an explicable good mood.

Looking at Yongliang's cheerful appearance, a tender gaze appeared in Ren Jian's eyes. However, he soon held back his gaze again to return to his stern look.

"What are you so happy about?"

"Hm~ I just thought it was nice to visit home once in a while like this. I feel... relaxed." A bright and unconcealed smile without deception appeared on his face. He truly felt so.

Ren Jian was stunned at that smile and his heart was beating quickly. Even if his appearance did not reveal anything abnormal, it was clear to Ren Jian what happened to him.

"I... I'm not going to join you today. There is still business at the company so I will leave now." Ren Jian quickly turned away from that lovely smiling face and hurriedly left the Lai residence.

"Wow, why would he come all the way here just to say he's not going? The iceberg is hard to read as ever." Yongliang could only scratch his head and purse his lips at the leaving figure.