3.7 Abolish The Harem!

"The moment you entered my eyes, I knew we were destined." The regent was still kneeling down. His large palm grabbed the smaller smooth hand on his cheek and brought it to his lips. He gave a kiss inside that left palm and sent a yearning gaze to the person looking down at him.

"Hahahaha! Of course, we are!" If not for this man, he, who had been waiting for his soul to disintegrate in the dark space, must have disappeared already. His reason to live now was to gather his soul energy and find his husband. He believed that one day, both of them would be able to retain their memories and travel across these worlds together.

Hearing the affirmative answer, the uneasy storm that brewed for the past few months subsided. Instead, spring came, flowers bloomed, and birds sang in his heart. It was only a few words but it could already sway him this much, how happy would he become when this beauty finally became his?

After coaxing that husband of his several times more, Sun Gui finally sent him off and proceeded with his plan.

At night, he silently went to the emperor's place without being detected by any of the guards. As he entered and looked at the piping hot set of tea, he dropped an aphrodisiac pill into the tea. He jumped up and hid in the shadow, watching the emperor's movement.

"Hm... Why do I feel so hot? It's uncomfortable..." Zheng Hong's eyes turned hazy after having a sip of the tea. In the corner, a wicked smile appeared.

Puck.

Clang.

A needle was shot at the emperor causing him to collapse onto the table. The cup in his hand fell onto the table, spilling the tea everywhere. This needle only caused unconsciousness for thirty seconds, which was enough for Sun Gui to move the emperor into Sun Wen's chamber. He carried the heavy man on his back and shot out of the room. His movements were fast and nimble, they arrived at Sun Wen's place in no time. After settling the emperor down onto the bed, he retreated to a corner again to await the owner's arrival.

"Your Imperial Majesty? What are you doing in this one's chamber?" Sun Wen finally saw the figure that had disappeared for several months. He took a closer look at the emperor's state to see that place was rock hard.

"Ha... Come here..." Zheng Hong opened his eyes and saw a blurry figure. However, his needs were urgent, anyone could do it at this point.

Sun Gui rolled his eyes at this Casanova, he did not want to witness this love affair so he got out of the place and sat on the roof. After the sounds of moanings and gaspings subsided, he entered the place again and walked toward the bed. His presence was completely concealed so the sleeping people would not suddenly wake up. A bottle of liquid was taken out of his sleeve and poured into Sun Wen's mouth. The effect of this medicine would appear after some time. This world leads would not be spared by him at any point.

After making sure that Sun Wen drank all of it, he left the place and returned to his quarter.

----------------------------------

"Esteemed diviner! I have been waiting to meet you!" Zheng Hong immediately jumped up from his seat as he looked at the white figure walking in. The eyes that he had been dreaming and missing finally appeared before him again.

"Your Imperial Majesty." Sun Gui greeted him and bowed his head. His eyes were dead without any fluctuations.

'This kind of emperor who missed court because of a beauty, who indulged in beauties, who sacrificed the country could never be a good emperor. The point of this world was for them to have a child and he has all the power. I won't let you.'

"Don't be so formal, come, sit." Zheng Hong pointed to the chair next to him with a greedy look.

Sun Gui wanted to barf but he had to hold it in. He took a deep breath and stood still in place.

"Your imperial majesty must reconsider the purpose of the harem, it was to bear the next dragon but there was no offspring yet. It was all due to the other wives suppressing the messenger of heaven. The harem should be abolished or there will be consequences, there is already an unlucky star on the Empress's head."

Zheng Hong, who was feeling all giddy from meeting the person from his dream, contorted his face. Even if he was infatuated with this diviner, he could not just regard their words as facts, especially regarding the harem and the mention of his offspring. Before he could say anything, the diviner disappeared again. He felt quite angry, who had ever got the authority to order him to come and go as they pleased? But remembering that beautiful eyes again, his anger dissipated.

Even though there was doubt in his heart, he still increased the security around Wan Yingtai. They watched over every small movement she made and dared not spare any minutes.

"T-The Empress's breath had stopped!! There is no longer a pulse!!" The news rang across the palace and it put everything in chaos. There was nothing unusual about her passing was what made it unusual. There were no illnesses, no injuries, or poisons discovered on her body. The empress just silently passed like that. After a period of mourning, the empress's position became empty.

----------------------------------

"What you said...it came true..." The emperor downed a cup of wine in his hand. His eyes were dazed and his breath smelled of alcohol.

"My condolences to the late empress, your imperial majesty. Please heed this diviner's advice before any more unfortunate events occur." Under the veil, a wicked grin was hidden.

"Ha, if any more of the concubines suffered, this emperor would be said to be cursed, am I right?" The emperor ditched the cup and took a gulp from the wine bottle. If more concubines died, and with no offspring, his position would be in jeopardy.

"This diviner was just worried about the nation and the emperor represents the state of the nation. To soothe heaven's rage and bring blessing to your majesty, only the messenger should remain in the harem. The messenger behaved differently from the rest as if he was not from this world. Have your majesty noticed anything?" Sun Gui was obviously hinting at the modern ger. His knowledge was far too different and his behavior was not fitting of noble blood in the Sun family. It was all strange and fascinating that drew the emperor in the first place.

Who knew if the drunk man really thought about it? The next thing Sun Gui knew was that an imperial decree had been declared that all the consorts in the harem were to be sent home with the dowry as well as gifts from the palace. Carriages after carriages could be seen coming and leaving the palace.

Before leaving, he took a look at the resentful consorts who had been divorced. Their hatred was all aimed at Sun Wen because somehow that one was the only one to stay. Sun Gui felt guilty because it would not be easy for them to marry a second time in the ancient era. Nevertheless, it would be better than being dead under Sun Wen's hands or under the emperor's scheme.

Sun Wen was surprised at this development. He thought to himself that that passionate night they spent together reignite a fire in their relationship. With the death of the empress, he could become the empress as the only one in the harem!

Several days after the abolishment, Sun Wen felt that he was nauseous and wanted to vomit every time he smelled food. Imperial doctors were called to check on his condition, and due to the potion affecting his pulse, it faked a pregnancy pulse. The emperor was in joy when he heard the news, he thought that the beautiful diviner was indeed miraculous.