4.9 '...I want to quit.'

The World Tree was in a protective circle with the help of the elementals. The tree itself was big, it would need 10 big men to hug around the trunk to fit. It was also tall with lush green leaves swaying in the wind. There were veins on the tree, making it look ancient and historical. Besides the size, the appearance was not that impressive. However, the closer someone walked to the tree, the more refreshed and peaceful they would feel.

The tree with its usual green had some spotted yellow leaves. Several leaves had already fallen onto the ground and some branches had already withered. This phenomenon distressed all elves present.

Hamon, the warrior squad leader, was standing solemnly at the front with rows of elves behind him. The picture was majestic and powerful, making people feel the blood-boiling atmosphere of war.

As one of the only people in rank A in team 3 present, Aeson got to stand at the front of the line, giving him the chance to report to Hamon.

"Sir, reporting for duty! The fruit has been safely retrieved!" Hamon took out the fruit and stood righteously in front of Hamon.

Of course, he was asked to report how he found the fruit. Aeson explained from the start to finish and only omitted the involvement of his lover and the saint.

Hearing that the human woman took the fruit, there was a deep frown on the leader's face, not knowing if it was anger or deep thought. Aeson, with his accumulated experience of traveling through different worlds, could tell that Hamon already knew about Luciel.

Even though Aeson wanted to inquire more, he had no right to question a superior as an elf assassin. Furthermore, the Elf King appeared in front of the elves.

"Elves, as you can see, the World Tree condition has been deteriorating." Kiirion announced which startled all the elves, but with their discipline, none of them were out of line."...This phenomenon has been happening for nine months slowly. I have been investigating this event."

'Nine months? Is it a coincidence? The heroine transmigrated over at that time...' Aeson had a bad premonition.

"The extraction of World Tree's power was slow at first until I noticed the fruits were getting rarer and some yellow spots appeared. So, I traced the source of this strange event with the help of the elementals. And at the end of the investigation, it's concluded that the human noblewoman that visited our village back then was the source."

There were traces of surprise in the elves' eyes because they all had a good impression of her due to her life-saving grace. But those emotions were subtle when resentment began to rise in the air. The World Tree was one of the most important aspects for the elves and no matter how impressive the other party was, if they hurt the World Tree, they would become the elves' enemy.

'...I want to quit.'

Meanwhile, Aeson was just shocked silly. The plot this time was really too deep. How did it disguise itself as a love plot? The more complex the plot, the more work he had to do. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that the plot was ruining itself.

Also, no wonder the last fish, Kiirion, rarely appeared. He only communicated and sent some trinkets to her. Even at the battle between the demon cults and the fish, he was nowhere to be found. Did something happen to the World Tree at that time?

His thought was then cut off when he heard a shocking suggestion from the king about how to deal with Luciel.

"Luciel Roth is her name. She is the Duchess of the North and is currently stationed in the capital of Aether Empire. I have been in contact with her but was suddenly unable to reach her a few months ago. Her exact position is unknown as of now. We will move soon and catch her back."