1.3 Female Lead... You Should Give Up...

Everything went in accordance with the plot so far. How come the iceberg just suddenly dodged the wine? Maybe it was the first time he worked with manual mode so there were some inevitable changes... But looking at the iceberg's attitude, he did not seem to have any 'romantic' feelings toward Sun Xia. They should have already been acquainted for a year already.

The more Yongliang thought about it, the more uneasy he felt. He kept biting his thumb's nail while looking anxiously at the door. Mother Lai saw his behavior and could only silently sigh. Mother Lai had long known about Yongliang's feelings toward Ren Jian and the reason he went abroad. He could only bury his heart to not implicate their current relationship. Yongliang would have laughed out loud if he knew what she was thinking.

He could not help but felt strange about the plot deviating. He was curious about how the female lead would handle herself and how the iceberg would react. His legs kept shaking in anticipation until he could not take it anymore and immediately stood up.

"I need to go to the washroom a bit." He notified the parents and dashed out of the room.

The Lai family and the Ren family blankly looked at each other. Both families just gave out a sigh.

-------------------------------------

"President! I'm so sorry!"

Sun Xia kept bowing to Ren Jian like a woodpecker. She must have been flustered by this turn of events. Yongliang was hiding in a corner and snickering at her appearance. Ren Jian could faintly hear a laughing sound somewhere behind him, he raised his brow but he decided to ignore it to deal with the rising actress in front of him.

"It's fine. I'm busy right now so you should call staff to clean this up." Ren Jian was about to turn his back but then he heard a scream. He glanced back at Sun Xia to see that she had already fallen down to the floor.

"I-I think I twisted my ankle. I'm not used to wearing this kind of high heels"

She started massaging her legs. Her bare white smooth legs were exposed with her eyes kept blinking pitifully at Ren Jian. This iceberg did not budge at all. Yongliang rubbed his eyes to make sure he did not see it wrong. The iceberg rolled his eyes! That was not an expression for someone you felt favorable for. And, it seemed that the female lead did not notice his annoyance... He was already looking at the phone in his hand.

"P-President... May I be bold to ask y-"

"Ms. Sun, I advise you to wear something you feel comfortable walking in. I just notify the staff and they will come to help you soon. I have an important matter to attend to so have a good day, Ms. Sun."

Sun Xia was frozen on the spot. She worked with Ren Jian for almost a year and she knew about his personality. He always seemed cold and not interested in anything as if everything was fleeting. But he had always invited her to dinner parties and helped her with work. She thought he might have some feelings for her.

'Maybe... He is purer than I thought! He is just shy! He never dated anyone before after all.'

That was a widely-known fact in the circle. He was the most dashing and capable bachelor but still remained single until his late 20s. She assured herself with such hopeful thoughts. Yongliang could easily see through that gloating in her eyes. Suddenly, he felt embarrassed for her. Such confidence was good until it became excessive.

"Did you have fun?"

Ren Jian appeared next to Yongliang out of nowhere. It gave Yongliang a fright because he had always been cautious of his surrounding as long as he was not asleep. Yongliang gave Ren Jian a curious look but then quickly concealed it.