2.2 Old Husband, Who Are You?

Even though the bite marks seemed to have healed, Changming still bandaged himself up or when he met his sister again, it might scare her. Satisfied with it, Changming started to think about his man.

'How can I find him? Last time, he was the male lead. Will he also be the male lead in this world too? Should I go to confirm him?"

If Changming just left and followed the plot he would meet them in two days. At this point, Zhong Guang and Yang Huifang should have already had a favorable relationship. However, his sister was the lifeline of his life.

"He's the male lead, he won't die just yet. I can find him in South base after I get my sister." It was the most logical solution he could think of. His sister was a young naive girl, she must have been scared and confused to be in a base without her brother. Thinking of it made him feel restless. He really needed to find her first.

He kept searching the plot but all they mentioned was South base this and that. Meanwhile, the West base was only mentioned in name. Changming could only follow the compass where the West was indicated.

It was deadly silent at the moment. The sound of footsteps sounded on the empty street, it was the loudest noise. His blood must have been powerful for none of the zombies wanted to go near him, despite that, this ability was just a double-edged sword. As he kept looking at the original's information. It briefly mentioned a military school in the West. The chances were likely that was the West base!

Having some clear direction, Changming's steps became lighter. Then they paused for a while when he suddenly remembered something. He rubbed his chin and his eyebrows turned into a scowl.

"Every time I go to the apocalypse world, I have to rely on the shop a lot. But without the system, it limits my use to just three times per week..." Suddenly it felt so dreadful. He wanted to check for any pills or artifacts that could help with the cure but his chances were limited at the moment. And the world would never allow a plot-breaking object such as the zombie cure.

[System Shop is here at your service.]

He still opened it anyway. He needed to check if there were any items to replenish his blood.

[Sorry, your authority is not enough.]

Welp, then the zombie cure.

[Sorry, the items that you are looking for are not available.]

"... give me a backpack and some food. Maybe a dagger too."

At least this time they had it in store... So many features got locked because he still did not have enough authority.

"There's an anti-pain reception pill. It would be dangerous though if I couldn't feel any pain, I might bleed to death."

It would just lead to the same ending as the original Changming. He would never risk that chance. It had been a while for him to feel any pain but he had to endure it anyways.

The streets were empty and quiet just a few moments ago when there was a rustling noise coming from behind the buildings. The sound of groaning and dragging was starting to fill up his ears. His wound was dressed cleanly so there was no blood seeping through.

He realized that there was no more of his bloody smell surrounding him but antiseptic. It must be the reason why they appeared again. He gritted his teeth and tightened his hold around the dagger. He slit open his left palm and soaked the dagger until it was dyed red.

His ability was very dangerous to use. It would help repel the zombie if consumed by it and it could also enhance other people's abilities. The way to upgrade his ability was to spill more blood, the more blood spilled, the more powerful it became where just contact with it could make the zombie immobile and collapse. Right now, they still needed to consume his blood for his power to work. But how could he let others bite him? This was a privilege for his man only.

The sound that was getting closer suddenly halted. The atmosphere became quieter and quieter until it was completely silent. Changming was holding his breath and squeezing his bloody hand. He figured that some of the zombies that knew his smell of blood so they retreated quickly.

He started to drag his body to West base. Blood was dripping from the tip of his fingers. He convinced himself that this could help upgrade his ability too.

Walking on feet took him nearly seven hours to arrive at the base as he had to navigate around the zombies, not all of them avoided him because they seemed to not know that his blood was harmful to them.

"...Shit! I forgot!"

How could he get in? He had bite marks all over his bodies. The base would not risk letting such a person in. His heart dropped and squeezed hard with a single line of tear appeared at the corner of his eye. He opened the system shop for the second time.

There was a disguise pendant that could help him mask his wounds. However, the price was unreasonably high, there was only one and it was single use. The effect would last 3 days.

Silently considering if there was anything else that he needed to buy, he closed the shop, wore the pendant and entered the base.

"H-hello sir, huff...huff... Is the Golden Lotus elementary here? Huff... my sister, she's a student there." Changming entered his actor mode immediately as his eyes were teary and his breath was unstable. His body trembled telling that this was his last hope.

The guards looked at the pitiful appearance and walked inside the gate before getting out again.

"We will examine if your body was infected or not. Then you could come in to look for your sister, Golden Lotus elementary is inside."

Changming's eyes lit up in excitement and hope. He nodded repeatedly and followed them in to check. Thankfully they did not touch his pendant and he quickly got through.

"Gege! Gege! Wu-wu-wu... Why were you so late." A raven hair little girl ran towards him. He immediately crouched down and wrapped her in his arms. They embraced tightly with both of them in tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. There, there, I will protect you now." Changming patted her back and said in a soft voice. This little girl was really cute, she seemed to be shorter than her peers so she appeared quite tiny. He easily picked her up and sneakily gave her a piece of candy.

After the touching reunion, they informed the base that they would leave. Luckily, the base just let them go with no question. With the limited food source, the less people they had to feed, the better.

The next destination was South base. Even if he could not find his husband yet, he still needed to make sure the development of the vaccines. It was not that it was unsuccessful in the original plot, the higher ups were too focused and greedy on the wrong thing and neglected vaccine research. The second male lead and second female lead were in the vaccine research team and their passion for a better future made a good impression on Changming. They even helped Zhong Guang break in to help the original. This world's cast seemed pretty nice.