3.11 Poisonous Dragon

The white smooth hands before showed bones and skin. The attendants in the mansion were worried at the decreasing weight of their mistress. They begged him to eat or the lord would be sad, but their mistress just put it in one ear and out in another.

Alas, they could only serve simple dishes such as soups and congee for their mistress.

The congee was fragrant and cooked with the most luxurious ingredients. However, Sun Gui could only look at it with no appetite.

The first month after Zheng Guozi left, there were still frequent contact either through letters or his guards. Suddenly, no more news at the Northeast was delivered to him anymore. As not to put his husband in an unforeseen danger, he did not make any rash movement to alert the enemies.

The wait was still too long, the more time passed, the more Sun Gui felt that the world plot was still in motion. At the sight of that congee, he made a decision.

"I could only check it with my own eyes where that damn husband of mine is." No matter the outcomes, he preferred to be in the know to make his next move.

A white robe that had been lying in dust draped over the skinny body. Brown wig and blue contacts were finally in use. The disappeared diviner appeared again.

Before he could step out the room, a rustle from the bush could be heard. Sun Gui turned his head at the direction of the window. It flung open and a figure jumped in a flash.

Sensing the familiar aura, Sun Gui teared up and ran into the man's arms. His cries were muffled as not to alert the servants.

"Baby, did you miss me?" A voice full of warm whispered into his ears. His body smelled of soap, seemingly took a shower before coming here.

This seemed to be the second time that man had said this sentence to him. Sun Gui lifted his teary face and glared at him with drops of water lingering on his lashes.

"Bad man! I thought- I thought..." He choked up and continued to cry. He had never been an easy person to cry, but he kept showing his vulnerability in front of this man.

"Sorry, dear. I sneaked back after our victory, no news get out yet so we won't alarm the emperor. I miss you a lot." Zheng Guozi easily picked up the skinny one into a carry. His expression turned stern as he felt the weightless body in his arms. "How did they take care of you for you to be like this? They deserve some punishment for their neglect."

"Don't, if you want to blame anyone, it's you who worries me. Anyway, I'm glad that you're back." A relief smile appeared on the pale face. It looked quite pitiful but enchanting nonetheless.

The regent sat down at the table containing the still hot congee with Sun Gui on his laps. Picking up the spoon, he got a scoop and blew to cool down the heat. He gently pried the other's mouth open and fed his wife bit by bit.

Sun Gui just enjoyed this act of service until there was no more congee. The man picked him up again and headed to the bedroom while avoiding the eyes of the servants.

The curtains of the canopy bed was let down, revealing only the silhouette of two figures. Zheng Guozi had changed into a more comfortable, lighter clothing as well as Sun Gui. He lay down and spread one of his arms wide, pulling down the beauty to let his head fall on his arm.

Sun Gui tentatively listened to the recount of experience that Zheng Guozi had gone through at the border. Seething inside his heart was anger at the audacity of the emperor. The army stock was damaged, the enemies seemed to know their route, the horses's hay was tampered with,... Especially Zheng Guozi was almost assassinated!!

"My dear, calm down. I'm fine now..." The bigger man gently stroked the skinny back. He was ecstatic that his beloved cared so much about him but not to the point of neglecting himself. His eyes were dripping of love and worries at the hollower face.

"Ha! Tomorrow, tomorrow I will get that thing. This dragon is too poisonous for the country!" Sun Gui did not get the evidence yet for fear that the emperor would raise alert at the missing documents. Zheng Guozi was still at the battlefield at the time, so unexpected situation of that unstable ruler might occur.

Sun Gui could not let the nation fall into chaos yet when the two legitimate royal bloods' fate was unknown when the enemies were invading.

He had discussed with the regent to not notify his return. So, Sun Gui would be sure of his safety and started to gather that evidence.

At least, he had been snooping around to find the secret room in the imperial study.

"Did you get hurt?" After calming down his rage for the emperor, he carefully observed the other's complexion.

"Of course not! My vigor is as strong as ever!" The handsome man showed his pearly white teeth before whipping out his puppy eyes. "I would like to prove it but your health is not allowing me to..."

"You..." All he thought about was sex or what!? If not for him being weak, he might have been eaten the moment his husband returned.

Sun Gui shot a glare at the pervy man. He was here worrying sick about Zheng Guozi and the other man wanted to devour him alive.

"Hahaha, I'm just joking. I just couldn't let my wife be so distressed." As he looked at Sun Gui with loving eyes, his lips pressed on the smooth forehead before drifting to sleep.

"You must have been tired... good night, dear." Sun Gui brushed his hand across the man's face to feel that his skin had got rough compared to before. His eyebrows lightly squinted before landing a kiss on the man's cheek.

The room slowly turned silent where only light snoring could be heard.

———————————————-

Meanwhile, there was no change in Sun Wen's belly even more than seven months. The imperial physicians were immediately summoned to check on his condition only to find that he was not pregnant. The potion had lost its effects a while ago.

Zheng Hong was beyond angry as his hope for an heir shattered. He blamed Sun Wen for not taking care of himself and casted him in the cold palace.

His mood had been irritable since there was no news about the regent after the assassination attempt. He haven't had a good night sleep, not only because of the regent but also because of the barbarians. Who knew if they would keep their ends of the deal.

Sun Wen became more hateful at the fickle man called Zheng Hong. He actually never wanted to be caught by the emperor's guards. But for his life and the threat if the system, he could only bite his lips and carry out the tasks.

He had been wailing and self-blaming himself. The emperor's love was too hard to get if that man hadn't had the country yet. However, his fit of anger could only last for several days before feeling the freezing cold and starvation.

"Tsk tsk tsk, poor little ger." A melodic voice sounded from somewhere.

"W-Who's there?!?" Despite the fatigue, Sun Wen's voice was still full of life. His eyes vigilantly dashed around the room as he shrank back into a corner of his bed.

A white ethereal beauty slowly emerged from the darkness of the room. It was the mysterious diviner.