2.10 The Beginning Of Hope

'Ugh, look at that shit...'

Changming spent an obscene amount of points to buy an invisible pill. He could not alert the zombie emperor with his sudden appearance in this horde. As he walked through hundreds of zombies, there were some ball masses that moved, it was stomach-churning to look at. A bunch of zombies entwined with each other formed into a ball with a diameter of 4 meters. To give a looser description, they looked like chewed-up gum...

He shivered looking at that scene. 1000 worlds and this one really hit him. He quickly averted his eyes and walked through the horde again. There was no end to this massive wave of zombies. They were coursing through the streets toward the South base. Some of them even climbed up the broken buildings and fell down helplessly. There might be more than a thousand of them present here. In the middle of the pack, there was an empty area with a black leather chair.

'Ho, this guy really is an emperor. Look at all the zombies bowing their rigid heads to him.'

He was busy assessing and analyzing the zombie emperor when a strong wind blew. Dust flew up everywhere which obstructed his vision. He had to close his eyes when some debris got into it. When he was busy wiping it, a foul smell and a low groan came from before his face.

"..."

It was the zombie emperor! It was looking intensely at his place but the eyes darted around as if to find something.

"Strange... Enemy... Feel..."

"!!!"

He almost thought that the pills wore off already and he wasted his points for nothing. Turned out, this zombie emperor could feel his presence. Before he could relax, it used its hands as claws and slashed the air where Changming was standing at. His sense of danger helped him dodge in time and quickly moved behind the zombie emperor. It moved its surprisingly nimble body again and turned to slash at him again. However, failing twice did not mean it would give up. It continued slashing at Changming with high speed alternating its left and right hands.

Feeling like this was going nowhere, the zombie emperor stopped to look at the empty space and walked back to his seat. As Changming caught his breath again, he inhaled the dust and started coughing and sneezing.

"Cough, cough, cough..." This bastard was smart! Who would have thought this zombie would pick up the dust and throw it at him? Now it did not even matter if he drank the invisible pill. His outline was already exposed to that bastard.

"Knew... It..."

"..."

This guy had some fun personality. If he was already exposed, then he would just fight. No sneaky attack could be used if this bastard could sense him anyway. Changming held up the dagger and cut his palm, red dark blood dripping in empty air. The lifeless eyes of the zombie emperor widened at the blood. It could feel a sense of danger at that color.

Changming dashed forward to attack the stunned zombie emperor. However, it reacted quickly and ordered a zombie to block his way. Changming momentum was stopped and crashed into the zombie. He rolled on the ground and got up in an instant. It was not the end, it started to command more zombies to surround him. Changming bit his lips and frowned. He started twirling around and gave each of the zombies a slash. His blood had gotten stronger for just a small slash with his blood on could render the zombies useless.

One by one, the zombies fell down. However, he had gotten exhausted with his blood loss and constant movement. At least, the more zombies he defeated, the closer he got to the zombie emperor.

Soon enough, they finally faced each other again.

"You're smart, aren't you? Letting all your subordinates tire me out first to deal with me?" Changming had a wry smile on his face and a rare vicious glare. The dagger immediately moved to stab the emperor's shoulder but it quickly dodged again. He slashed the other palm that was holding the dagger. His hands were stained with blood.

Changming could not lose his momentum at this point. He had an adrenaline rush right now. His speed accelerated and caught the emperor by surprise. He shoved the bloody palm onto its mouth, forcing it to drink his blood. The zombie emperor was strong and most abilities would not affect it. Changming needed to break it from within.

The zombie emperor struggled for a few moments before immediately collapsing.

"Ha, ha, ha... In a jiffy..." He then looked back to see the zombies begin to march in chaos. It had lost its leader and now they were running around like a headless chicken.

"I hope they won't reach the South base...ha...Zhong Guang will take care of it..." Changming closed his eyes and fell to the ground.

The reason he left Zhong Guang behind was simple. He really thought the battle with the zombie emperor would be easy. Secondly, when the zombies lost direction, they would go into a frenzy and might harm the base, Zhong Guang the heroic male lead would do his best to protect them. He thought that in this life, his husband started to care more about others now, no longer the iceberg like before. He even joined the assault team to find food supply for everyone

However, he was very wrong. Fire suddenly sprung up around him, all the zombies in the vicinity were on fire. Looking at the pale bloody body, Zhong Guang's eyes were filled with anger. He picked up the body like it was boneless and started to surround the zombie army with fire. Then he opened up a pathway for him and his beloved to walk through. Even though his body was heating up, he could not stop until he could get him to safety.

Zhong Guang did care about the safety of the people and the base, only if that base contained Changming and Xiao Feng. They were his priorities now and forever.

He gave a kiss on the sticky and dirty forehead and hugged him closer into his arms. Turning back, the fire had burned most of them down and some had run away. When they arrived at the base, a stretcher was already prepared and he gently put the unconscious person on. He used a wet towel to wipe his face and kissed his lips.

Zhong Guang put on a light smile and collapsed.