3.9 No Plot-breaking Device

"HAHAHAHAHA! That Imperial Uncle of mine was actually infatuated with someone in my courtyard!" A thundering laugh echoed from a magnificent chamber. Inside, a wisp of wine fragrance faintly surrounded the room.

Zheng Hong had been in a celebratory mood ever since he learned of Sun Wen's 'pregnancy'. And just now, his guard just delivered an interesting news from Zheng Guozi's movements.

"If I had known that he craved for that ger, I should have had him in bed. Such a shame, the chance already passed." He regretfully sighed when he remembered the time he was chasing after Sun Wen, he neglected his harem.

However, a sneer still formed as he thought of how his Imperial Uncle coveted something once belonged to him. His mood had been too good until he suddenly realized something important.

The regent, who had been abstinent, finally got a wife! And a fertile ger at that! If they ever bore an heir, it would not only threaten him but also his offspring! There was no way to know if Sun Wen would bear a prince or a princess.

The emperor started feeling anxious at this possibility. He had to have a son! His eyebrow jerked as a thought suddenly formed in his head. What if he asked the diviner? Not only the diviner could read his child's fate but also a chance to meet him!

At that thought, Zheng Hong felt extremely delighted and immediately ordered a guard to contact the diviner.

Unfortunately for the emperor, that diviner and a certain man had been too busy in their home for quite an amount of time. There was no way for the emperor to reach him at all.

In the Northwest of the nation, a dam broke and flooded the city. As the people of the Northwest tried to repair the dam, heavy rainfall appeared and continuously fell for a week. It rendered all actions useless, with the people left to seek refugee in other cities or villages.

Due to the flood, all the crops were ruined and the food warehouse was destroyed, leading the people who could not escape the flood to starve.

This matter was reported one month after the harem abolishment. All the officials clamored at the emperor to fix this issue. The Northwest crops had always been abundant which supplied for almost half the nation. Meditating this problem was prioritized.

The emperor had a headache at this point. The treasury could be opened to compensate the people but the matter of crops was a different story.

However, the first thing was to rescue the people that were trapped in the flood. He mobilized his people and tried to campaign to the Northwest, unfortunately, the flood was too fierce that made all the people climb on top of their houses. How could his people pass through the flood?

"I didn't even need to do anything." Sun Gui leisurely leaned back on a hammock that Zheng Guozi personally made for him in the garden to look at the flowers.

His eyes closed as he hummed a familiar melody. Recalling the original plot, Sun Wen and Zheng Hong's affection actually deepened in this period of time. With the 'diviner's' appearance, it was thrown off track. The emperor suddenly became infatuated with Sun Gui so he neglected Sun Wen. Sun Gui was actually surprised at this development, he never meant to seduce the emperor at all but this benefited him nonetheless.

Without occupying the emperor's heart, the system could not grant rewards such as some of the weather controlling power to him. Sun Wen actually used this power for the Northwest when he sneaked out again to join the campaign.

After proving himself possessing unworldly powers, he boosted the reputation of the emperor, making Zheng Hong appreciate him more. The people rejoiced and revered the Zheng Hong as true son of the dragon and Sun Wen as the messenger of heaven.