4.10 Finally, The False Heroine.

"It will take us one month to be able to go there. I still need to stay in the capital until the end of this month. I was only able to be here thanks to the High Wizard's teleportation scroll." Angus spoke.

"One month... That will be fine. I will see the Duke and the Duchess in one month. Use this to contact me." Aeson gave Angus a piece of paper.

It was quite similar to the message function of a modern cellphone. The two parties possessed the same piece of paper and could exchange communication by writing on it. This thing was supposed to be expensive but his boyfriend was the creator of this magic paper. Aeson gave a satisfied smile to Alfred.

On the other hand, Alfred did not want to let those two write to each other but for the sake of his cutie's mission, he had to endure this uneasiness.

"Then what about Miss Liliana?" The Duke glanced at the fidgeting saint.

"Don't worry, she will be coming with us." Aeson replied.

He could not let the world fall into chaos with the danger of the Demon King cult being around. Liliana was too naive to survive. In the novel, she got the protection of the Duke so she was able to learn about the outside world more and more to the point of being stronger and more independent. But now, she was just a white piece of paper. Until the cult disappeared, the saint had no choice but to hide for her safety.

Aeson noticed the Duke's concern for Liliana. However, the Duke was married even if it was just a contract marriage. Aeson did not want the saint that was as pure and kind as a child to be tainted by rumors and gossip of the nobles. He would rather teach her about the world and let her live her life however she wanted after the Demon King cult disappeared.

After getting that agreement, they bid goodbye.

"You're an elf?!" Liliana exclaimed. She had heard of elves through the worshippers and felt their existence was as mystical as her God. Due to the fact that elves were hard to meet, she never had any thoughts about them.

"Yes, you will be living in the elf village from now on. In exchange, you can use your holy power to help the elves in need." To not let Liliana feel that she was a burden, Aeson proposed this exchange of labor. Furthermore, many elves had been falling sick due to the weakening World Tree.

"O-oh! Okay! I will work hard!"

"Good." Aeson nodded and turned to the aggrieved man that was hugging his waist."And for you, please calm down."

Alfred shook his head and snuggled closely in the crook of the elf's neck. He was really feeling aggrieved. Why was his little cutie so capable and popular? He wanted to monopolize him but it was not possible with so many things going on.

Aeson had spent three lifetimes with this man. Even if their personalities were slightly different each time, the core of the man was the same. He could easily tell what Alfred was sulking about.

"Let's get Miss Liliana back to the village first. We will have one month to find that plant for you." Aeson was not planning to use the system shop in this world at all. But after learning that the Madar mountain disrupted the magic flow, none of the magical devices would work properly. He had to spend more points to buy the tracking device for that mythical plant.

"Okay!!"

Soon enough, they all teleported to the elf village to drop Liliana off, and then, immediately teleported to the foot of Mandra mountain. The process did not take more than fifteen minutes.

"... You're efficient." Aeson looked at the man with dead-fish eyes. He did not even need to lift a finger to pack his stuff. Alfred only needed to snap his fingers like always to pack their luggage, making Aeson think if being a wizard was that easy. If other wizards heard this, they would cry tears of blood for comparing them with the strongest wizard ever in history.

"Hehe, little cutie, it will be just us two now." Alfred was hugging Aeson's waist the whole time, not letting his feet touch the ground at all which made the elf quite pissed.

"Let me down!" Aeson pulled Alfred's ears while gnashing his teeth. He had been dissatisfied with his height for some time now and this damn wizard dared to humiliate him like this! This damn man was supposed to be a magic user... why was his arm's strength so good...?

"Ow, ow, ow, I'm sorry." Even if his voice was expressing his pain but the corner of his mouth was not going down. Alfred still put Aeson back down on the ground in case of pissing his sweetheart more. Anyway, he was happy to have just traveled by themselves for one month wherever the location might be. He considered this to be their 'pre-honeymoon'.

The Madra mountain was supposedly a dangerous area with hidden dangers such as beasts or the changing environments. But the two people who walked hand in hand breezed through it like hiking. Alfred was stupidly strong even if he was a wizard and Aeson had many life skills due to his years of transversing. Alfred would hunt and Aeson would cook. Alfred would find a place to rest and Aeson would start a fire and a tent. The couple worked in harmony with their tacit understanding making the whole journey seem like a vacation.

It only took them two weeks to find the mythical plant that was supposed to be so rare. So the curse was resolved quickly.

This must have been a compensation for the cramped few days that he was shoved into when he just came into this world.

Inside a cave with a lit fire, at the corner was a makeshift bed made from leaves and branches. Aeson was lying on the man's chest, his favorite postition, as he dreaded from going back to the village. It had been such a sweet time between only the two of them. Even if the places they stayed were crude and simple, he had never felt anything was missing. Was this... the power of love?

"Pffft!" Aeson laughed at that thought but he could not disagree with it. As long as his lover was beside him, he felt happy and full and nothing else mattered.

"What are you laughing about?" Alfred softly stroked the silky blond hair with a doting smile.

"I just feel like not wanting to leave." Aeson answered and thought of all the trouble waiting for him when he returned. The elf shivered when he remembered the hidden plot, it was so troublesome.

"Then let's stay. Just you and me, here. I will find a place near the lake, with a perfect amount of sunlight. Then let's build a house, a home for two of us." The man chuckled, making his chest vibrated and Aeson to look up at him with his big round eyes full of happiness and reluctance.

"I would love to... but we have to go back." The plot needed to be resolved first, this had become his own task for manual mode ever since he met his lover. "After I... WE finish our business, let's do what you said."

Alfred had no rejection. As long as he got be with the little elf, he felt this inexplicable emotions like a strong surge of passionate love, unconditional trust and overwhelming protectiveness. This feeling was addictive and it made him want to drown in it. The little elf could do whatever he wanted but he had to be with him. Only by doing so could he ease his heart and protect the elf's safety. The elf was too cute-looking that was why so many coveted eyes cast on him without his presence. The little elf should have only been for him only and no one else, no one could have him but himself.

The gentle gaze of the man slowly turned obsessive. His eyes slowly became red, but then when he saw the long lashes of the sleeping elf on him, he just put on a light smile. The hand moved from stroking his head to enveloping Aeson's whole body. He wished that Aeson could just be sucked right in and never left him...

Aeson felt the overbearing aura again. His understanding of his man grew more and more after worlds and worlds but he never knew why the man kept feeling so obsessive. It did not matter to him anyway, his man would never do anything to harm him despite all that.

They fell asleep in each other's embrace inside the cave.

-------------------

"Good morning, your majesty. It has been a while." A soft voice, with a little hint of maturity, spoke.

"Duchess, it's a pleasure to meet you again." Kiirion smiled.

"Your majesty is too polite. You shouldn't have felt such burden for a small deed. I was just doing what I had to do."

The smile on the woman's face became brighter, showing her perfect white pearly teeth. Her eyes were dark and deep like obsidian and her hair was black and smooth like ink. The legendary beauty of Aether Empire, as well as the false heroine, Luciel Roth finally came to the elf village.