1.7 The World Is Collapsing

Yongliang immediately pulled away from Ren Jian's embrace and ran out of the room. What just happened? Did Ren Jian just kiss his forehead a-and cheek? Yongliang could feel his cheeks burning up as his hands cupped his face. He kept running with a red face until he reached his room.

Ren Jian, who was left in the music room, finally snapped out and started chasing after Yongliang. The servants around the residence had a fun time watching this interaction.

Thanks to his increasing stamina due to exercise, Ren Jian could not catch up to him at all. The door was slammed shut before Ren Jian could even enter.

"Huff... Huff... Liangliang, open the door... Huff...Huff..."

His forehead was leaning onto the door as he was out of breath. Knocking continuously but there was no response. Ren Jian could only plead more earnestly.

"Liangliang... don't be angry... I'm sorry for kissing you without permission. Come out and punish me however you want, ok? Don't shut me out, Liangliang."

"Jian-ge..."

"Liangliang, please come out and talk to me..."

Hearing that pleading tone of voice made Yongliang's heart twist. It was not that he did not want to go out, but his head was a mess that could not process anything at the moment. He caught his breath and leaned his back on the door.

"Can you... give me some time?"

"..."

There was a five-minute of silence before a sigh could be heard.

"Ok, Liangliang. I'm sorry... remember to text me?"

Yongliang sighed in relief. His heart also softened at Ren Jian's compromise. He never thought he would feel bad for a male lead of any world. He grabbed the doorknob and turned it open. Revealing a head peeking out of the door, Ren Jian's brows slightly knitted looking at the cute gesture.

"I will. Just give me some time to think..."

Yongliang lowered his eyes. He did not dare to look at the expression on Ren Jian's face. He knew that he would give in the moment he saw that damn tender eyes.

Ren Jian could only turn his back to leave. However, his steps were hesitant as he kept looking back pitifully at Yongliang. A small laugh was let out and Ren Jian's face brightened. Yongliang waved his hand.

"Bye bye, Jian-ge."

"Bye bye, Liangliang."

Yongliang watched until he could not see Ren Jian's shadow anymore. A long sigh was let out again as he closed the door. He jumped on the bed face down hugging the nearby pillow. His hand touched his forehead and slid down to his cheek. The soft touch was still vivid in his mind as his face turned red again. He took a deep breath to calm himself.

"What to do, what to do... Will the plot collapse or not? It turns out that Ren Jian likes me... But, I know how the female lead and male lead got together and it is still possible for them to continue the plot."

Moreover, he never knew what would happen if the world collapsed. All he had ever done before was to stick to tasks issued by the system and died as issued by the system.

His head was muddled as he thought of all the possibilities before feeling a vibration in his jeans pocket.

*Sir, I have found the evidence. You can check it in the email attachments.*

He jumped onto the chair and immediately check the email. As he finished, he leaned back and smiled devilishly. He had already put away those other thoughts.