1.2 The Male Lead is Abnormally Cold...

"Jian-ge! Did you come to pick me up??"

Yongliang hurriedly walked over to Ren Jian while dragging two of his suitcases. Ren Jian glanced at the coming figure and the suitcases. After lingering his eyes for a moment, Ren Jian looked up and spoke.

"My mom told me to pick you up for dinner. Our families will be having dinner tonight."

Yongliang paused for a little while and examined Ren Jian's expressions. Ho, this male lead was drawing a line with him. Yongliang accidentally snorted out loud at that thought.

"Ahem, Ahem. I didn't have any water on the plane so let's go quickly. I'm thirsty."

He quickly hid it with a cough and walked quickly toward the car. As Yongliang turned his back, Ren Jian raised his eyebrow looking at him. Yongliang could feel his gaze but he did not care as he just wanted to quickly rest after being tortured by snores for one hour straight.

In the luxurious car's back seat, the seat was so comfortable that Yongliang quickly dozed off after one minute. The door on the side was opened and Ren Jian stepped in to sit next to Yongliang. He looked over to see Yongliang's slightly opened plump lips and closed eyes to raise his brow once more. Quickly turning away to the window, he crossed his arms as he became deep in thought.

The airport was quite far from the Lai and Ren mansions and it took them one hour to get back home. Luckily, Yongliang had a habit of once falling asleep, nothing could wake him up. For some reason, this nap was a lot more comfortable than ever before. There was a sense of security and warmness that he missed... Missed? At this point, Yongliang suddenly woke up to see himself leaning onto Ren Jian's shoulder.

"Ah... are we there yet...?"

Yongliang quickly got up and wiped his drools. His eyes were still half-opened as he looked around. The drowsiness was still there, then he just closed his eyes again. Before falling into his sleep again, a slight laugh was heard next to him. It made Yongliang's lips curve into a small smile.

-------------------------------------

"Honey! Wake up! How come are you still sleeping?? Did he study too much in S country that he is this tired?"

A woman's voice that was full of warmth and worries sounded in the room. His shoulders got shook violently for a good 10 minutes before slowly cracking his eyes open.

"M-mooom... Stop shaking meee..."

Yongliang touched her hands as he felt incredibly dizzy from the vibration. He slowly got up from the bed and looked around. It seemed like someone had carried him up to his room.

"You slept for 4 hours!! We have a dinner appointment at 8 with the Ren family and it's already 7:30!!"

Mrs. Lai was in her fifties but she still had a youthful look with beautiful facial features. Her voice was soothing despite speaking in all exclamations. Yongliang ushered her out of his room and could only go to wash his face to wake himself up. He looked in the mirror to see round cheeks with big brown eyes full of stars.

"HAHAHAHA! This is the 'indecent' eyes that the female lead was talking about? She must have been jealous to emphasize that point to Ren Jian! HAHAHAHA!"

He laughed so hard that his eyes teared up and his stomach cramped... He needed to calm down first because tonight, the female lead would appear. There was no time to take a shower as he had to leave quickly so he just picked out a set of formal clothes in his suitcase and walked downstairs.

A vague dashing figure appeared at the end of the stairs. At this moment, everything seemed to be stilled, as if time had stopped. Yongliang was stunned stupidly, he was completely frozen on the spot when the head slowly turned back to look at him. He could feel those eyes were looking at him with an inexplicable familiarity and passion. He felt like he was out of breath and his heart kept beating out of rhythm.