3.3 Palm Reading

As Sun Gui was getting in position to fight, a black masked man jumped down and kneeled on one of his knees. Sun Gui looked at him questioningly.

"Esteemed diviner, my lord wants you to give him divination. I swear on my life that you will be safe."

His eyes darted from left to right observing the intimidating force. Even though they looked strong, he was confident to escape if danger occurred. He would have taken them all down if his body was a bit stronger but he had to make do with this for now. He gave a slight nod then lifted his chin up signaling them to lead the way.

'Someone spied on me already?

Only the man jumped down to the ground presented the way and the force surrounding was still hiding with no intention of revealing themselves. Sun Gui's steps were light as if he had no worries about all the scary men. The shadow guards looked at that attitude with admiration. Even if there was no intention to harm this gorgeous diviner at all, this situation should have been stressful and intimidating.

'To have such strong shadow guards like this, this person must not be ordinary...' As he was assessing the strength of the guards, the masked man informed him that they have arrived. In front of him was an ordinary tea shop with two floors.

"Esteemed diviner, my lord is residing on the second floor's private room."

The masked man bowed down with two of his hands pointed toward the stairs. Sun Gui nodded and walked up the stairs. His curiosity grew with each step he took. Who could this lord be to have such a force? Why in this ordinary tea shop? Finally arrived at the wooden sliding door instead of a paper door, he could judge that this place gave good privacy.

His head instantly bowed down the moment he entered through the door. A man in the black robe sat at the other end of the table. His right hand was holding a tea cup with hot vapor and his other arm was on the table. Sun Gui's eye level allowed him to see up to the man's chest and his heart already sped up. His eyes shook at this familiar feeling coming from the man at the end of the table.

"My Lord." His voice was calm despite his emotional state.

"I want you to give me divination." A deep husky voice spoke and Sun Gui felt like his knees were melting.

"In which aspect does my Lord want to know?" His voice was getting calmer as his heart became more chaotic.

"Love." The man leisurely answered but what Sun Gui did not know was the boiling heat in the man's eyes.

Sun Gui raised his eyebrows at that statement and walked closer, still not raising his head.

"This diviner can do palm reading for the Lord." Because he read a book about palm reading for dummies in his spare time as Yongliang.

The man gave out his right palm. Just when Sun Gui touched the tip of the hand, it grabbed him and pulled him onto the man's laps. His arms were wrapped by the man's strong right arm that he could not wiggle out. As he was seated firmly on the man's laps and trapped in his arm, the familiar sensation grew stronger to the point he could not deny it anymore.

'It's my man! Thank lord that it's not the damn leads! I can't believe I met him in just a day... I think, who knew how long did pass out for?'

Now that he was sitting in his laps, he got the full view of his man in this world. Uh... He eerily looked similar to the emperor but of course, a lot more defined and handsome. Especially the eyes, his eyes were a lot more magnetic and experienced. He was mesmerized by the eyes for a while until a low chuckle came from the man's lips.

"...My Lord, this diviner cannot read your palm in this position. Your arm seems to be busy." His full set of dark lashes fluttered created a contrast to his blue lenses. There was a faint flush on his face but it was covered by the veil.

Instead of responding to Sun Gui, the man just spread his right palm for him to see, not letting him sit up from his right arm at any point. Sun Gui could only sigh and looked at the his husband's palm. There was a smile under the veil and his eyes hinted some joy.

"My Lord's heart line is long so my Lord will be a good lover. It also starts from the index finger so there will be a happy love experience." It was the same in the previous two worlds as Ren Jian and Zhong Guang.

"Is that so? I will be a good lover?" The man gazed at the veiled face with heated eyes. His lower body started to react when he looked at the body in his arm. There was a faint smile appearing on that thin lips.

Sun Gui was startled at the bulge under his butt. His eyes widened and looked at the man with incredulity. The man looked back with a nonchalant face as he shrugged his shoulders with a smug. In the last world, it took several days for them to initiate in physical contact and several months for Zhong Guang to realize his feelings. Sun Gui was confident that they just met and his man already had feelings for him. It was a shame though, they could not do any lovey-dovey activities just yet.

"My Lord, this diviner only provides divination and no other kind of services." His big eyes stared straight at the man with no hesitation.

The man, who was eating tofu by using his free hand to touch his clothed legs, gave out a burst of attractive deep laughter. Sun Gui's eyes quickly wavered before he shot out of the man's clutch. He bowed his head and clasped his hands in front to bid goodbye. In a panic, the man stood up immediately and called out to him.

"What is your name? How can we meet again?!"

"...If my Lord and I are fated, we will meet again. For now, I must say goodbye." Sun Gui walked out of the shop and disappeared into the crowd in just several steps.

The man who was left behind helplessly sat back down. He rubbed the scrunched-up nose in annoyance and regret. He recalled the eager figure who wanted to eat the tanghulu. The moment he saw that person, he instantly knew that his existence was for him and they belonged together. Now, that person escaped and his skills were too good that even his guards could not follow. He never believed in gods or anything alike, but he prayed and prayed that they were fated.

----------------------------------

Sun Gui definitely saw the panic and anxious look on his husband's face and it hurt him. However, his morality did not allow him to be an adulterer, especially as a royal concubine of that damn emperor. If it was found out, his man might be in danger as well as his family. He had to remain a distance until the harem was abolished.

"Don't worry, my love. Sooner or later, we would meet again."

That reminded him. It seemed like he was able to recognize his husband quicker and clearer than before. Was it because of his strengthened soul? He was glad that he did not have to second guess the love of his life.

Now that he returned to his room, exhaustion hit him in an instant. Not only he met his husband, but he also met the Casanova emperor. His guard had to be on the whole time he ventured out. He just hit the bed after changing out his disguise and fell into a deep sleep.