3.4 The Mysterious Diviner.

A magnificent gate was opened to reveal a beautiful large yard with some colorful never-seen-before flowers planted at the side of the stone walkway. Just the gate alone could help determine the rank of the owner, much less the size of the residence. As the man entered the gate, all the servants kneeled down to greet their master. However, there was extreme pressure falling down onto them when their lord passed. Each step was more solemn than the others. None of the servants dared to look up, even the chief eunuch that had served the lord for years.

Zheng Guozi's empty dark eyes swept across the flowers that were called 'tulips'. The flowers that he saw in his dreams and the flowers that he knew his fated beloved would love. Looking at them reminded him of the captivated diviner he had met this afternoon. His mood became fouler and he stomped to his resting quarter. All the servants dared not move as their lord flicked his sleeves and slammed closed the door to his room. It was his sign to not be disturbed. They had to retreat and leave their lord alone if they did not want to suffer in his fit of anger.

Zheng Guozi sat down on a wooden chair with his palm holding his chin. His clothes rustled and he pulled out a white handkerchief. His eyes marveled at it for a while and his fingers gently stroked the cloth. When he was eating tofu and pissing his fated beloved off, he sneakily got under Sun Gui's clothes and stole his handkerchief. If any of his attendants were to see that sight, they would think that this was not their almighty Lord Regent at all, someone must have possessed his body.

For 36 years of his life, he knew he was waiting for someone and that someone had appeared. The soft handkerchief was put close to his nose as he took a sniff to recognize the smell of incense and cinnamon. His eyes were filled with fire and determination.

"I will find you wherever you are. Nothing can ever happen to you."

Only then his uneasiness could subside, the moment that beautiful diviner disappeared from his sight, he felt like his world was crushed and what awaited him was the diviner covered in blood. A crazy look of obsession appeared on the attractive face.

Meanwhile, Sun Gui shuddered in his sleep, he felt like a cold wind passed by despite the burning coal in his room.

----------------------------------

For the next few weeks, with recuperation as his shield, he no longer had to attend any events inside the palace. Instead, he started creating miracles among the common people in the city. There was a plague creating havoc to the border of the city. The disease that killed people left and right were quelled in just two weeks. His knowledge in medicine became a valuable source and he spread awareness about hygiene with some fancy words.

"All the filth that is built up continues to savage your body. Only by giving yourself a cleanse with this medicine called 'soap' everyday could give you great fortune of health. Even after the plague was over, continue to build your fortune for the next reincarnation."

His reputation soared as a mysterious diviner who blessed the people with good health. He did a feat that not even the imperial doctor could do. A man with power as well as unparalleled beauty masked with a veil became a curious presence.

Two strong forces were looking for Sun Gui. One was the emperor and one was the regent. The emperor soon gave up after the news that he had disappeared from that town. But how could the Zheng Guozi give up? His diviner was more nimble than he thought as he kept escaping from his search. He searched through the mountains and rivers, the towns and the cities, even in the slum of the country but no one knew where this diviner was residing in. Due to his frantic search, people started whispering that the regent had found his beloved but they seem to be hiding. Why would they hide from this excellent unmarried man? That person was considered fortunate to those who had their hearts on the regent.