4.2 Human World

"What happened to the true female lead? She was still a saint of the neighboring country..." To the transmigrated Luciel, everything seemed to be fictional. But to him, every world he had been to, albeit unreasonable sometimes, was very real to him, except for some of the first worlds he had been into.

The saint ran into Angus when she escaped from the church entourage preaching the god's teaching. She somehow got into a carriage that helped her cross to the Aether Empire and lost in the Northern city. Due to her being in a new environment with no money to spend, she retreated to the forest nearby and lived with the animals that were calmed by her holy aura. That was when Angus found her as he was chasing the people from the Demon King cult. He mistakenly thought that she was one of them and captured her back.

"Such an exciting love story, how could a fake marriage compare?" Aeson clapped excitedly knowing that no one was watching him. The original Aeson was a quiet and serious person who was devoted to finishing the given tasks and hardly socialized with others. So the current Aeson could not act as a lively person which could rouse people's suspicion.

"Is the saint still in that forest? Is she content living there?... I should check anyway." Even if it was not his business, he needed to check if the plot was hiding something due to them always being written in a way that favored the leads.

It had been one month since Luciel came to the elf village. And it took the original Aeson three months to meet her due to the tight security around her.

At this point in time, Luciel should have been building her relationship with Angus with the big royal banquet in the capital.

"Thanks to this body's identity as an assassin, I can freely leave the village to gather information. Hm... I should check if the Elf King is that man first." That man was not the male lead of every world he entered, like Zheng Guozi, so he had no choice but to check everyone that was mentioned in the plot first.

Following Aeson's habits, he rarely used the doors to go out, it was more of a decoration. So Aeson left through the balcony and jumped from one branch to another. It was a refreshing experience running through the tree and inhaling the fresh air of the forest. Due to his elf nature, he could feel the power of the World Tree wrapping him, providing him strength with each breath he took.

Soon, he arrived at the biggest treehouse in the village. But instead of knocking on the front door, he circled to the back and met with two elves guarding a small door.

"I wish to have an audience with the King." Aeson's was expressionless, which was nothing strange for the elves.

"My apology Aeson, the King is not available at the moment." The female elf answered with only her eyes moving.

"I see, thank you." Aeson bowed at the elves and jumped up the branch again. His eyes never wavered even when standing in front of the elves that were taller than himself with more than one head.

As soon as he got far away from them, he stopped on the branch and turned his head back in the King's treehouse direction. His expressionless face dropped and revealed a bitter emotion with puckered lips.

"I'm... really short..."

Most of the elves were fairly tall but Aeson was the shortest among the elves of the same age. He sighed, feeling inferior to his kind.

He could only meet Kiirrion another time, wondering what the King was doing. Even though he was one of Luciel's fish, he did not appear a lot except for his occasional gifts to her.

"It was quite weird too that the elves didn't do anything with Aeson's death..."

There were many suspicious points that needed to be considered. During his assassin duty, he usually informed the leader before he took any major actions. Therefore, he sent to the leader about his encounter with Luciel for sure. And it became the last of their communication, wouldn't it be weird not to notice? And even though Aeson was originally exclusive with the elves in the village, their bond and dependence on each other were in their genes. That was how Aeson got adopted into the village.