2.5 It's The Male Lead, Alright.

"Ugh..."

His face scrunched up as he groaned, his whole body was aching so bad that a tear appeared in the corner of his eyes. Suddenly, he felt little hands start massaging his arms and rough hands massaging his legs. His eyes immediately opened to witness his sister diligently squeezing his arms with red eyes. At the bottom of his feet, Zhong Guang was skillfully massaging his calves.

"..." This felt familiar.

"Y-You can stop now." Changming's face blushed red as he noticed the dubious looks of other people around him, Yang Huifang's expression seemed particularly strange.

He pushed his body and supported himself with his arms. Seeing him struggling, Zhong Guang stood up and sat behind him, letting him lean on his sturdy chest. Changming was currently sitting between the other's person legs, it was a very intimate pose.

"..." He had a hunch.

Changming just decidedly ignored this situation for now. Xiao Feng seemed to not find it strange because she used to sit like this with her gege all the time. He just rested his head on the person behind him with familiarity.

"Are you feeling okay now? It's a shame that Yang Huifang only heals external wounds." His low voice brushed Changming's ear tip causing his skin to crawl. His face also flushed red when he turned his face and looked at Zhong Guang. Their faces were only a few centimeters apart. Zhong Guang held his breath as he looked into the amber eyes and the pale lips.

"I'm alright. I will just rest for a few minutes and we will be good to go." Changming turned his head away the moment he saw the emotions in Zhong Guang's eyes. He needed more time to confirm. Also, his sister was looking at him right now, this atmosphere should not be shown to kids.

Zhong Guang's eyes darkened when the youth turned away. However, he seemed to not reject him because he was sitting in between him right now. Thinking like that made his mood get a little better.

"My ability... as you can see, it's my blood. I don't know how but I'm immune to the zombie infection. And when the zombies consume my blood or stabbed with my blood, they turn out to be dead for real." Changming had to share his plan now. They already knew of his ability to repel zombies, but he needed protection against humans, who was better than the male lead of this world? "There are researchers in the South base that could help develop the vaccine using my blood-"

"No, you are already suffering from blood loss. It's too dangerous to lose more." Zhong Guang decisively cut him off. He could not bear to imagine more blood spilling out of his body. His arms carefully wrapped around the youth's waist and put his head on his shoulder.

"That's why I need your help, make sure they don't use my blood for anything other than the vaccine." Changming familiarly patted his head for reassurance. He had been sneakily getting Zhong Guang to drink his blood at night, his ability should be much more powerful now. Changming was just showing his ability to let the heroic male lead pity him but it seemed like it was more than effective.

Yang Huifang's expression became stranger at this interaction. Clearly, they only met just a few days ago but they had already grown this close...

After that incident, Zhong Guang stuck to him like glue. He would always walk beside him, let him sit in between his legs, and sometimes sneakily eat tofu with the excuse of massaging him. Even though there were no sappy words like before, most of Zhong Guang's actions had been attentive just like his old husband.

At long last, they arrived at the base. Even though the whole party was excited to enter, only four people remained at the gate. Xiao Feng was carried by Zhong Guang, Yang Huifang stood beside him with a confused expression and Changming stood in front of them.