4.11 More Damn Hidden Plot

Luciel Roth maintained an elegant but cheerful attitude as she received the heart-warming welcome from the elves. Not all the elves present knew about the real purpose of her visit, they all thought that the King really invited her to pay back the life debt.

Next to her was the face paralysis Duke with no change of emotions in his eyes. Angus was there as Luciel's husband and an honored guest to the elf village. Following behind was the first fish Luciel acquired, Gaius from the slave trade.

Gaius with his fluffy grey hair made him look harmless, but Aeson knew that this man was similar to him, harmless-looking but deadly. This one was in a beast-fighting arena after all. Gaius had his head down all the time but his eyes were dashing around vigilantly at the villagers, he always looked out for danger in a brand-new environment.

Luciel had a warm smile on her face with her eyes squinted to express her joy. But in actuality, her pupils were sweeping through the crowd because of the strange palpitations in her heart. Her irises slightly dilated when she spotted the figure that she knew but never met, Liliana the original heroine. Her eyes did not linger in Liliana's direction for too long, for fear of raising suspicions.

Unfortunately for her, Aeson witnessed all her micro-movements from beginning to end. He wanted to see if this heroine was actually innocent in all these matters. She had not done any substantial damage that he could see yet, except for how she was involved with the life and death of the World Tree. Her actions were just quite petty as of now in Aeson's opinion.

He did not just observe Luciel but also Liliana, who suddenly burst out in cold sweat the moment the entourage entered the village. Her face was pale and her eyes were shakily looking in Luciel's direction. She bit down on her lips and lowered her head, hiding her incomprehensible expression.

'Is it because the true heroine meets the false heroine? Their interaction is quite strange. Especially Liliana, the saint shouldn't have met Luciel before.' Aeson analyzed their interaction in his heart, there was definitely mutual enmity between the two.

Angus saw the familiar people among the crowd but his eyes only swept through briefly. But as his eyes landed on the platinum hair, those eyes lingered for a while. Luciel noticed his movements and her eyes slightly squinted before they returned to normal. Her hands were hidden behind inside her back where she pinched her fingers with her nails.

'Even if I became his wife, is it inevitable? I cannot replace their true love?' She tried her best to maintain a friendly demeanor but she knew how bitter and sour she felt inside her heart. 'So unfair...'

She really tried her best to build her relationship with Angus but for some reason, they could never communicate that could pass the acquaintance line. But it didn't matter, she still had other people by her side. Thinking about that, a smug appeared on her face and her smile became arrogant as she glanced at the shivering saint.

About the wizard, he hid inside Aeson's house to avoid any suspicions.

All the main cast was present at this elf village. He wondered what plan did Kiirion have to stop Luciel Roth. His knowledge was limited to the plot line and the original body so he only provided the plan to lure Luciel to this place.

The crowd began to move from the gate into the village. In the middle of the village was an empty space that had been filled up with tables to welcome the guests. To make the invitation more convincing, the elves spared no effort in decorating the welcoming party with flowers and plants. The food was also cooked in a way to fit human's appetite.

There was a table that was specially designated for the important guests, the duke, and the duchess. They were all escorted to the table and seated as instructed. It was an atmosphere full of celebrations and chatter. Kiirion was especially attentive to Luciel, making her feel more flattered and flattered.

Quick Transmigration: Manual Mode [BL]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें