4.15 Catch The Soul

"W-what do I have to do?" A poor beautiful girl with platinum hair was shaking while holding a piece of paper. Her eyes shifted back and forth crazily to the point she could feel herself getting dizzy.

"Just transmit your holy energy into that paper." The red-haired man nonchalantly answered.

"L-like this?"

Liliana shut her eyes tight and squeezed her brows together. Her mouth was mumbling something when her hands holding the talisman started to glow with white light.

'Wow~ she really looks holy.' Aeson looked in fascination. He never got the chance to witness all these holy powers up close when he traveled to these Western fantasy worlds before. 

At this moment, Alfred had said that he needed to reveal the true soul of the daughter of the Demon King and it required a little bit of holy power. He planned to just bring Liliana with him to Luciel but Aeson stopped him because he felt it would be too dangerous. Even in the original "original" plot, Liliana got to train and discovered her potential as a saintess before facing the villains. Looking at the current flustering and trembling saintess, Aeson could not bare to let her out to face dangers. 

That was the reason Alfred brought her to the inn to start transmitting her holy power to the talisman as storage. 

A message from Angus was sent to Alfred and let them know Luciel was deep asleep from the sleeping potion in her dinner, and the time for their operation had begun.

"That's enough. You can stop."

Alfred took the talisman from Liliana, who was panting and sweating after pouring a large amount of holy power out. She collapsed onto the floor with her beautiful platinum hair sticking on her face. 

Aeson felt that he was very useless in all this but at the same time, he felt relieved. After working so hard in one thousand worlds, he finally could relax and rely on someone else. Aeson's sight moved to the handsome red-haired man that was inspecting the talismans.

Feeling his gaze, the cold calculating eyes turned soft as Alfred averted his gaze to meet those sparkling eyes.

Alfred walked toward and grabbed the elf's hands. His thumbs started massaging the back of those pale small hands.

"Don't worry, it will be over soon... Just a few more..." 

"Hm? What did you say?"

The mumbling was so low that even at such a short distance, Aeson could not hear it at all. There was something strange about Alfred right then but Aeson could not tell what was different. It was as if his aura got a little darker and a little more domineering.

"I said that we should go on a honeymoon after this is over~"

Alfred lifted his head to show his charming cheeky smile again and gave Aeson a kiss on the cheek. They totally forgot about the little saintess that was still on the floor, and she was too exhausted to express any excitement over this interaction.

Seeing the normal Alfred's expression, Aeson put those questions behind the back of his head and rushed him to go to the Duke's place quickly. To be honest, Aeson felt that he was not necessary to be there at all, he would not offer much help but to be a spiritual support for Alfred. And that was exactly what Alfred wanted Aeson to be, not being out of the wizard's sight.

Out in the dark street, a particular window was flashed with bright red light for a few seconds before the silence returned.

In the middle of a large room filled with books and illuminated by the candles' light, three people were sitting in a tense atmosphere.

"It's not like I care but... how will you handle the empty body of the Duchess? She's still a noble after all. Anyway, just don't drag me in if anything happens." Alfred crossed his arms and leaned back with a haughty expression like his nose almost pointed up to the sky. Aeson had to elbow Alfred to at least preserve some respect and decency in front of their partner-in-crime.