3.12 Poor Little Shou

Looking at the pitiful state of Sun Wen, he could not help but click his tongue. He often wondered if his empathy had been increasing due to the Lai and Ren loving families or his cute Xiao Feng.

Before, he would no doubt not bat an eye at someone that might cause his grievances, especially the main leads. They were too constrained to the plot, well, except for his man.

But Sun Wen was quite pitiful. Transmigrating to a whole new world, having to fight for favor, and dirtying his hands actually caused immense trauma and guilt to him. Such as when he learned that the whole generation of the empress family was executed due to his ignorance, he shut himself in for months.

Sun Gui was willing to give him a chance. This man had not done anything too poisonous like the original plot except for framing the original body in which he had already punished him. He might not act like the plot if he left the palace.

"Do you wish to leave the inner court?" There was no emotion in those blue eyes.

"L-leave? Can I? But those guards... a-and this sys-" He suddenly halted and warily looked at the beautiful diviner.

"Are you scared of that power behind you?" Sun Gui could not cut off his system but for this little guy's system. Even if it was generous, it was still inferior to a world-hopping system like his. Cutting the connection would be easy peasy.

"H-How do you know? I-I can't leave the emperor... Or I-I will d-die." Sun Wen's eyes swelled up with tears as his mouth kept stuttering.

"This diviner has a way to cut that power. However, it will depend on your imperial concubine's decision. Stay? Or not? Your living environment is not... ideally anyway."

"I-I..."

"What is the imperial concubine's hesitation? Is there... still any affection for the emperor?"

"No... I just don't know what to do outside the palace." Sun Gui was just an ordinary ger who was trying to pass the university exam for the second time. Technical knowledge like medicines or crafting was not his strength at all.

"..." This damn coward! How did this guy have the gut to scheme against the harem in the first place? Ugh... The corner of Sun Gui's mouth twitched weirdly.

Thinking about it, there was no way for Sun Wen to return to the Sun family. The officers' daughters and gers or their powerful families must have held a grudge toward him for being the only one left in the harem. Some of those officers already had dissatisfaction with the emperor.

"This diviner... has a friend outside. If imperial concubine is willing to hide your identity for the rest of your life and constantly on the moves, this diviner will help you."

"R-really? Then please help me!" Sun Wen jumped off the bed and kneeled on his knees. His eyes were filled with admiration and gratefulness. His hands clasped as if praying for the immortal beauty in front of him.

The beautiful and bright emerald eyes curved up, revealing a glint of spark that could steal a person's soul.

--------------------

Meanwhile Sun Wen was redeemable, Zheng Hong made the worst decision. It was not like Sun Gui did not understand his motives. Being made an emperor at a young age put a lot of pressure, especially because of the declining royal bloodline. Huge expectations and responsibilities on the young emperor's shoulders, and the watchful eyes of the officers made him want to be the best. However, that great desire became twisted and turned into greed, greed for power.

That greed was too big. So much so that it drove people away, no one will be at that person's side at the end of the road.

"Tsk tsk tsk, I would have let him be an idle prince if he hadn't contacted the enemies for help. Putting the people at risk when it barely stabilized after losing so many crops in the Northwest, stupid." The skinny hands finally regained some meat. His white fingertips rub the temples to ease his scrunched-up expression.