4.12 The Two Women

"So this girl is a saint and the Duchess has demonic energy in her?" Kiirion's brows knitted tightly together as he looked at Aeson.

"Yes, Your Majesty. Is the plan affected anyhow?" Aeson bowed his head down, his hands tightly clenched. It was a shame for Aeson, he had no knowledge of these matters so he could not contribute much except for providing information.

"Demonic energy is not our field of expertise. The most important thing next is to confirm your theory about whether she is actually the Demon King or not. But now that we have a guess about her identity, this phenomenon reminds me of the War hundreds of years ago. The former Demon King actually tried to seize the World Tree back then and established some kind of connection with it. Maybe that was how she got the World Tree's energy."

"Then... Does Your Majesty have any way to cut this connection?"

"... Don't worry, you are a young elf so you should not get involved in this business too much. Even if you are an assassin, I hope that you get to enjoy a normal life." Kiirion seemed to fall in nostalgia as his voice softened up and his eyes reminisced.

In the end, Aeson really got kicked out of the plan after successfully inviting the people over. To be honest, his role was not anything major in the book and there were many excellent people around him who made him want to be a salted fish in this life. He had the duty to check on their activities to spot any abnormalities and report them immediately. Besides that, he really just spent time flirting with Alfred or sleeping.

"Baby... I think I have to go to the Tower to check on some books." Alfred stroked the soft fluffy blond hair that was resting on his chest. His face contained all regrets and reluctance as he said that sentence out loud.

"Books? What kind of book?" Aeson turned his head back, looking suspiciously at the red-haired man.

"There should be a book about the Demon King. Lucky for us, your lover is so capable that he could access the highest authorized area in the Tower to get that book. Black magic have been forbidden for eons and all of its knowledge was locked away in the Tower, it should have some methods to deal with this Demon King business."

"Black magic? Is it dangerous?"

"...I don't think so. Don't worry, baby. Do you want to come with me?" Alfred leaned his head down, staring at the blue jewels shining brightly.

"I want to... but I should stay." Aeson was reluctant to part but he had to be here to observe Luciel and Liliana. Who knew how those two women of different spectrums of powers would react to each other?

Aeson sighed depressingly at this fantasy world. All of his enthusiasm at the beginning was replaced with exhaustion. He wished to just travel with his sweetheart soon enough. The next world better is modern because he missed the Internet a lot.

The same could be said for Alfred. He was unwilling to go back but he had to solve this crisis if he wanted a peaceful world with the little elf.

And so, they parted the next morning.

As Aeson predicted, the two women were already butt-heading each other.

"Miss, unmarried girls like you should stay away. Aren't you a commoner? Why are you here wandering around? Are you trying to seduce my husband?" In a haughty manner, Luciel crossed her arm with her chin up, displaying her authority as a duchess.

Gaius stood next to her silently his eyes sweeping at everyone as if to warn them not to interrupt his master. One of his hands was on his hip, where the scabbard was hanging.

Fortunately, the crowd was small with just a few people. The Elf King was not here to witness the embarrassing scene of two women fighting over a man as well as Angus.