2.12 The Vaccine's Progress

"...3 YEARS?!?" Zhong Guang grabbed the now matured face with wide eyes. He knew he overworked himself but to be in a coma for 3 years? He and Mingming had only dated for a week and now there was already a 3-year gap between them. What if Mingming stopped loving him? What if he already found someone else when he was unconscious all these years? He would not allow that!

"What are you thinking stupidly about?" Changming poked the frowned eyebrows. Looking at the opened eyes, he felt relief and collapsed down on Zhong Guang again. This warm embrace was what he missed so much. He just rubbed his head at the crook of the other's neck as if to imprint himself.

"D-do you still love me?" Zhong Guang was really scared. Even if they only dated for a short time, he could not bear to think of a life without Changming from the moment he met him.

"Ha, stupid Guang-ge..." He laughed out loud and his breath tickled the man's ears.

"Answer me!" Zhong Guang tightened his grip on Changming as if afraid that he would run away again. He was really afraid when the youth suddenly disappeared to who knew where.

"Hahahaha! I'll always love you, Zhong Guang! Don't be too emotional when you just woke up. Drink some water and stop speaking." Changming got up and got him some warm water from the thermo mug that he brought in every day in hope of Zhong Guang waking up. However, before handing that cup, he stood there for a while.

"Mingming?" The man on the bed gazed at him curiously.

Then Changming smiled. He poured the water into his mouth and leaned close to Zhong Guang's face. His lips touched the other's lips and pried them open. Zhong Guang gulped down the water with a pleasant surprise.

"I'm still thirsty..." Zhong Guang looked at the moist lip with hungry eyes. Changming snorted at that look and took a sip again. He helped the man drink that way until there was no water left.

"How have you been, my love, and Xiao Feng too?" For him, it was just yesterday that he witnessed the bloody appearance lying helplessly on the ground. And for the other person, a passage of time had already passed. Without his protection, did the base bother him? He hugged the person tightly.

"We've been fine. You should worry about yourself first, you just woke up from a coma..." Changming lowered his head down to Zhong Guang's ears and whispered "...Next time, don't overuse your ability again."

"Baby, you have to promise me to not be reckless too. You can't just run away without informing your location! You need to tell me... I will always support you and be there with you." Zhong Guang, for some reason, knew that the last couple of words he said would always be true. He really felt like he would always be with this person in his arms. At the same time, in his heart, uneasiness suddenly emerged. What was this uneasiness?

"...I promise. I was stupid. I won't do anything without telling you again." His guilt had been building up days after days waiting for Zhong Guang to wake up. There was always a haunting thought that Zhong Guang would never wake up, Zhong Guang would live a life of vegetation. Even if they could meet each other in the next world, his guilt of harming his love would always follow him.

Zhong Guang felt the anxiety exuding from Changming so he lifted his chin up. The amber eyes were as clear as ever. Even if his appearance slightly changed with age, those eyes stayed the same. He kissed lightly onto the eyelids and then on the nose and then on the cheeks. Finally, he placed his mouth on the soft lips. He used his tongue to force the lips open and they happily obliged. Their tongues met and kept intertwining and sucking each other. After a quarter of an hour passed, they finally parted.

"Where did you get the tulips?" It was strange to see flowers in the apocalypse.

"I planted it. Aren't they your favorite flowers?"

"Yes, they are..." But he did not remember ever telling Changming that. He just shrugged it off after thinking for a while.

These flowers were secretly planted by Changming. Most of the plants and animals had mutated already. Whenever they wanted to plant something, it would turn out to be mutated, they figured that the dirt also had a problem. Changming used his blood on the dirt he collected to purify the mutations, that was how the tulips were normal. Of course, he would not tell this to Zhong Guang.

In the past three years, the vaccine was developing smoothly without the need for Changming to draw his blood every two months again. Most of the time, he would be taking care of Xiao Feng and the unconscious Zhong Guang. During this period, the base had already found another effect of using Changming blood, they became greedy and tried to take more of his blood. However, this Changming knew how to fight, and the day they tried to detain him in the facility became the most horrifying day on the base. Screams and cries echoed throughout the whole base which kept people awake at night. All of them started to fear Changming but no one could actually say what had happened that day. Whenever they were asked, they only cried.

It took him around three months of physical therapy to be able to walk again. It was incredibly fast for a person who was in a coma for 3 years. So, all the doctors had a newfound respect for ability users, little did they know that only Zhong Guang could recover this quickly. Even so, he was reminded to be mindful and not strained himself for now before being discharged. The doctors advised him to come to check with them once a week. They wanted to learn the consequences and changes when an ability user overused their power.

"Um...baby, did someone break into our place?" Zhong Guang raised one of his eyebrows at the sight in his bedroom. Clothes were piling on top of the queen-sized bed. There was a little dent in the middle of that pile, looking like a nest... On a closer look, it was all Zhong Guang's clothes! He smirked and wrap his right arm behind Changming's waist to pull him closer to his body.

"What is this, baby?" Due to anemia, Changming suffered from stunted height and only reached Zhong Guang's nose. When Zhong Guang looked down, he saw a lovely blushing face.

"I-I was just organizing your clothes! I forgot to clean it up because I had to stay at the hospital." Changming immediately ran in and folded some of the scattered shirts. Zhong Guang followed him and hugged him from behind. He could feel a bulge touching his butt...

"Did you miss me that much? To sleep in my clothes like this?" He started kissing the nape of the stilled person. His hands moved indecently and touched at Changming's sensitive parts.

Changming shivered at the touch, however, Zhong Guang was just discharged.

"No, not now. Wait until you get better." His tone was firm.

"But Mingming, it's been 3 months..." He pleaded.

"No."

"Ok..."

Zhong Guang whimpered at the unmovable will of Changming. He could only obey his sweetheart. They started cleaning up the room and prepared dinner. When Xiao Feng returned home, she hugged Zhong Guang tightly and started sharing about her day. It was as if everything returned to how it was. The warmth had finally returned to this 3-room apartment.

It did not take long for Zhong Guang to regain complete mobility, the first thing he did was... and the second thing was to rejoin the assault team. Even though an amount of time had passed, there had never been an ability user stronger than him. He advanced through the ranks effortlessly and eventually became a captain. He was also dubbed as the strongest man on the base.

Yang Huifang during the three-year time also periodically visited Zhong Guang to try her healing ability on him to no avail. However, she got to meet a doctor that was in charge of monitoring Zhong Guang, they hit it off smoothly and had been dating for 2 years. Interestingly, the second male lead never met the female lead this time. He seemed to take great care of himself with the help of the second female lead, and they naturally got together too. All the main cast had met their person and now only the vaccine issue remained.