2.7 It's You...

It had been six months in the base. Yang Huifang was visiting from time to time out of worry for Zhong Guang ever since he joined the assault team. However, he never had any injuries as she had expected. To be frank, she had developed a crush on him ever since he saved her and scarred his face for her. With that scar, it was a reminder for her to repay him.

However, Zhong Guang never thought about such things, he thought it was all his incompetence that he harmed himself. He thought of her as a good and caring person.

For the first several months, Yang Huifang would come there to cook now and then for dinner. She thought that the guys would not be able to sustain themselves. Who would have thought that Zhong Guang absorbed all her cooking skills and started cooking by himself?

She did not want to give up the chance to meet up with him so she would use the excuse of playing with Xiao Feng because they were both girls. During that time, she had a shocking revelation. There was always a warm atmosphere in that apartment, it was homely like a real family instead of friends living with each other.

Zhong Guang was very attentive to Changming by cooking for him, covering him in a blanket when he slept, drying his wet hair with his ability, and more. It would have looked like a parent taking care of a child if not for the doting and loving look in his eyes. Huifang felt like something shattering inside as she witnessed such indulgent gestures.

Meanwhile, even though Changming did not do such things, more like he was not allowed to do anything. His eyes always lit up brightly when he looked at Zhong Guang. It was obvious that their feelings were mutual.

Even if she felt bitter in her heart, she wished them happiness because it was rare to have such undisturbed love in a time of chaos. She stopped going to the apartment altogether.

Changming had another problem. Even though they had been living together for months, this male lead never took off that mask on his face. What was he afraid of? The plot said that he did not care for his appearance and only wore it to not scare the kids. Xiao Feng was a good girl and she understood a lot of things, that was why she was not scared of Zhong Guang at all.

Changming pestered him for a while before giving up. He did not want the male lead to feel uncomfortable. The time when Zhong Guang opened up would come soon as long as he waited. He was only dejected because Zhong Guang would always meet his demand but the mask was a no-go zone.

In truth, Zhong Guang had indeed been worrying about his appearance. He had never cared for such things before, but whenever he stood in front of Changming, he would start feeling subconscious about his face. He wished that he did not recklessly use his power before and maintained his handsome appearance. What if Changming saw his face and felt that he was scary and ugly? What if he drove him away? It was a dilemma because he wanted their relationship to be closer but how could he when he kept hiding his face away?

'...This feeling is definitely more than protectiveness.'

Zhong Guang assumed that all his actions until now were just due to his promise to Changming. If so, why would he care so much about his appearance? And whenever Changming looked at him, he felt like his heart would race out of his body. What was the point of realizing his feelings if Changming felt disgusted at his face...

-------------------------------------

"RRG... This feeling...my enemy..." In the North of E city, a disfigured man wearing a torn-up suit was sitting behind an office desk. Surrounding it was countless zombies roaming around the office. The building was completely surrounded by a horde of them and the sound of dragging and groaning was unbearable. It was a terrifying picture.

It was a 'kill or to be killed' feeling. There was a formidable presence that could harm not just the brainless zombies around it but also all the evolved zombies and himself. It was its natural enemy. This feeling rose day by day to the point it could pinpoint the source of it. It was time for it to move and get rid of this burden.

GASP.

"Ha, ha, ha,..." Sweats were pouring down on his back and soaking his T-shirt like it was rained on. This feeling of uneasiness sprung him up from his usual deep sleep. His eyes dashed around the room and breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe it was just anemia that he felt tense.

"Now I'm all sticky." He wiped the beads of sweat running down his neck and got up from the bed. It was still midnight when he suddenly woke up. Before going to take a shower, his throat felt incredibly dry. As he walked into the kitchen, he noticed a dim light.

His brows raised at the eating figure before him. It was Zhong Guang without his mask! The burn scars made half of his face red and bumpy, there were big lines like veins spreading across from his chin to his cheeks. Changming could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. It must have been painful for Zhong Guang to endure the burning heat of his ability.

Hearing a sniffle, Zhong Guang immediately turned his head to see the teary Changming. He panicked and backed up away with his hands covering his face. The chair fell down and made a loud noise but he did not seem to notice. His pupils shook at the sad appearance of Changming. He never wanted to reveal his face because he did not want to see Changming's disgust toward him so he always ate at night. Changming always slept like dead so he never thought that he would be caught in the middle of the night like this!

"Please! Don't look at me! Turn away!" He said in a loud enough voice that only Changming could hear. His steps kept going back and back but Changming's steps kept going forward and forward.

"Why?" Changming silently asked.

"Y-You will hate me. I look scary and ugly..." Zhong Guang concluded that Changming only let him stay by the youth's side only because he promised his protection. Being by his side was enough, he did not ask for more as long as the youth would not hate him.

Looking at that painful expression made Chanming frown. During these months, the more time he spent with this male lead, the more he felt like it was his old husband. All the loving and tender actions proved it to him. His old husband was afraid of not being by his side the most. With teary eyes, Changming strode forward and grabbed the scarred face.

"No, you're the most handsome man that I have ever seen." He then planted a kiss on that rough lips. It was just a light peck at first, but then he felt a familiar feeling. He began to probe further and deeper, pushing his tongue inside and licking the man's gum and tongue. It was him! This feeling was undoubtedly him!

Changming missed it so much that he started to cry while kissing the man passionately. Even though he had a feeling that it was his man, what if he was wrong and he fell for another person? He was never in a relationship out of his own volitation before Ren Jian. He did not want to betray the man who crossed the world with him. Thank goodness that he was correct.

Zhong Guang blinked a couple of times before getting his senses back. Changming... was kissing him! Did that mean he like him back? Even though he was surprised, his happiness overwhelmed it and he started responding to the youth's kiss. He stuck his tongue out for the other to suck and wrapped his arms around the skinny waist.

Changming's back was turned against the wall and trapped between the man's chest. He reached his hand out to his neck and locked his arms there. This passionate kiss was sweet and salty due to the tears stirred up a hot atmosphere. Both of their eyes turned dazed.