4.1 World #0320: A Reverse Harem

"..."

"Phew..."

He sighed in relief as it seemed like no one was hitting or beating or out for vengeance at him at the moment. It was like playing Russian Roulette whenever he had to transfer into a new world. Would he die right then or later?

Anyway, he was just glad to open his eyes to a peaceful sight. His eyes dashed around with amazement and interest, looking at the earthy decor of the room. This was a tree house, more precisely, a house inside of a tree.

The tree was hollow with a wooden door to connect the outdoor and the interior with two little round windows at the sides. The inside was simple with only a wooden bed, a closet, a small round table with one chair, and a lot of weapons.

There was a spiral staircase in the middle which lead to the second floor that was full of scrolls and more weapons from axes, crossbows, swords, and many more. There was also a small balcony to make this treehouse less stuffy.

"...Cute! Even if it's kinda crude, still livable. It seems like this body usually cooked outside." He noticed a fireplace with grilled fish through the round window near the door. Moving his eyes up a little, there were similar houses made from gigantic trees just like his place.

It was morning when he opened his eyes to this world, and people in those cute houses started to get up to get to work. They walked out of the house and greeted their neighbors familiarly with bright faces. The chattering was lively and friendly despite the early morning.

'Are they all morning people?'

Their clothes were in earthy colors, green, brown, white,... like one with nature. Some wore skirt-length shirts and some just wore simple white shirts with brown pants.

One of his eyebrows raised as he looked at the distinctive features of the people walking around. First of all, their appearances were beautiful and very Western with their high nose bridge and deep set of eyes. Second, their hair and eye colors really varied from person to person. Third, their ears were long and pointy at the tip!

"E-elf? Whoa! This is my first time to be an elf!" He immediately grabbed his ears to feel the shapes. To his satisfaction, it was indeed pointy and he really became an elf.

He did travel to the Western worlds a couple of times. But he mainly played as the evil duke, a useless prince, and even a peasant that would offend the main leads somehow. Well, he always stayed near humans and rarely had the chance to meet other mythical beings like dragons, elves, vampires, etc.

Before opening the door, he decided to check the plot first to at least know his name.

This elf was named Aeson Caiqen. Surprisingly, he turned nineteen this year but his height was a bit... missing.

"Is it deliberate? Ever since I met him, I kept getting into these small bodies..." With how his lover tampered with the system, he felt like it was a big possibility...

However, despite his small stature, his agility and physical strength were no joke. Aeson was actually an elf assassin in this peaceful elf village! It was all due to this village containing a very special being, special to all elves and nature, the World Tree. Therefore, the elves here needed to have high combat ability to protect the World Tree by dividing themselves into different classes and groups.

His duty was mainly to collect information about the outside world and if it would affect the well-being of the creatures in the forest. He only attacked the intruders in silence if they dared poach the World Tree.

Aeson was actually an orphaned elf, who was kidnapped by poachers from another Elf village when he was five. Then, he was rescued by the elves of the World Tree village. Feeling grateful, he always worked hard on any tasks they asked to repay his debt.