1.8 "Should He Keep His Surname?"

"I'm finally back, dear friend!" Duan Jinhai burst into Ren Jian's office. Thanks to his tan, his smile became brighter. His blond hair was short but fluffy, which was the opposite of Ren Jian with his charcoal black hair slicked back with gel.

As a friend and an employee under Ren Entertainment, Duan Jinhai immediately ran to the company to meet his old friend at the end of the day. If lucky, he could meet Sun Xia too but it seemed like she had schedule today.

However, there was no response or warm welcome just as he expected. Something was strange and offputting though. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped open. He rubbed his eyes a few times to look closer at the president's expression.

There was a doting smile appearing on the perpetual cold face. His hands were busy cleaning up the desk as he kept checking his phone.

"Are you going home? Let's hang out! It's been a while and without me, how can you have any entertainment?" Duan Jinhai walked toward Ren Jian only to stop in his track when he noticed a few-degree drop.

"I'm visiting Liangliang." His smile had already dropped.

Duan Jinhai then scratched his head. Since when did Ren Jian start calling Yongliang 'Liangliang'?

"Then let's go together! I haven't seen him for forever!" Duan Jinhai smiled brightly again.

Ren Jian glanced at Duan Jinhai and reluctantly nodded. He promised Yongliang to let Duan Jinhai visit him if he wanted to.

On their way to the Lai residence, Ren Jian stopped by a flower store and bought a bouquet of tulips, and smiled satisfactorily. Duan Jinhai felt like something completely shocking would appear soon, he just looked at Ren Jian puzzledly.

"Whose is this for? I heard that you have been interested in someone. Is that someone visiting Liangliang today too?" Duan Jinhai's eyes sparkled as he kept pressing for answers. The combination of a talkative and a rock was the worst.

"Who are you to call him Liangliang? Call him how you normally did." Ren Jian's hands tightened on the car wheels. He gritted his teeth and glared at Duan Jinhai with narrowed eyes.

Duan Jinhai was baffled but he still silently nodded. Ren Jian's personality and expression had always been dull so he was shocked by his angry appearance just now. Giving up, he tried to obtain other news.

"How about the rising newbie, Sun Xia? She rarely calls me so I don't know how she's doing-" Duan Jinhai suddenly had goosebumps because there was a murderous aura emitted from the other person so he just shut his mouth the whole ride. For some reason, he had to be on his toes a lot.

-------------------------------------

Yongliang was leisurely reading a book in the front yard as he was waiting for Ren Jian to arrive. He was wearing a white T-shirt under a flowy shirt and a pair of shorts. It looked like he was on vacation when he was lying down on the bench.

A shadow suddenly cast on his whole body. He moved his eyes up and slightly curved them into a crescent. Ren Jian looked starstruck and a blooming smile appeared on his face.

"..."

Duan Jinhai who was standing on the left of Ren Jian felt like he became a third wheel. He lightly coughed to get their attention but failed. Ren Jian then gave the flowers to Yongliang and sat down at the edge of the bench.

"..."

A shocking revelation just appeared like that, and Duan Jinhai was dumbfounded. Only then, Yongliang looked over at him. Duan Jinhai also met the starry eyes of the person in front of him. He never noticed how beautiful his eyes were.