Dead💀

"Mrs. Black?"

My head shot up, tears still flowing down my face. My eyes red and puffy.

The healer looked at me with the utmost sympathy. She had tears in her eyes.

"Mrs. Black... I'm so sorry. She's gone."

"No..."

"Mrs.-"

"NO SHE CANT BE GONE! CISSY!" I cried, running into my wife's hospital room.

Her body was pale and all the color from her face was gone. She wasn't warm anymore. She was gone. Dead. My love. My life. Dead. Just like that. My breathing quickened. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I couldn't breathe.

"CISSY NO! COME BACK! PLEASE CISSA COME BACK TO ME!" I sobbed, throwing myself onto her body.

I held her tightly willing her to wake up. To open her eyes and tell me it was alright. That she's alive. That shes not leaving me. That she will get to see our Lyra grow up. And get into hogwarts. To dance with me in our kitchen. To hold me in her arms and tell me how much she loves me.

"Cissy you can't be dead! You have to help me raise our daughter! I can't do this without you! PLEASE CISSA DOVE! DON'T GO!"

The healer put her hand on my shoulder but I didn't care.

"Can someone get Andromeda Tonks in here please?" The healer snapped.

One of the nurses hurried away to get Andy, returning a moment later with the middle black sister.

"Oh Cissy..." Andy whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"I LOVE YOU CISSY! I CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU HERE WITH ME! PLEASE COME BACK! COME BACK HOME TO ME! TO OUR FAMILY!" I clung to my wife's lifeless body.

"Ed... Eda darling... she's gone. You have to let her go." Andy said choking back tears as she tried to pry me off Narcissa's corpse.

"I... I c-cant." I cried.

Andy wrapped her arms around me in a fierce hug.

"Yes you can. Cissy loved you more than anything in the world darling. She would want you to let go. To be with your daughter. To take care of her children. C'mon."

Slowly, I let go of my dead wife and let Andy pull me into her arms.

"WHY HER?! WHY NOT ME?! WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE?!"

I was in hysterics. Andy rubbed my back as we clung to each other.

"Death always takes the best ones first. She may be gone in human form... but she will always be with us. Always."

"Andy... I can't live without her... I can't! I found my sun. And now the sun has vanished. All the light is gone." I cried.

"Not all of it. You have your daughter and Draco. Thats all Narcissa. She lives on through your children. Please don't give up. They need you. They need you now more than ever. You have been more of a parent to Draco than Lucius ever was. He can't lose both mums."

I nodded.

"Can I stay with her? Just for a little while longer?" I choked.

The healer opened her mouth but Andromeda gave her a death glare and she relented.

"Five minutes." The healer said.

"Thank you."

Everyone left... leaving just myself and my dead wife.

I crawled into bed next to her, holding her lifeless body one last time.

"I love you little dove. I will always love you. You are my world. And one day... we will meet again and have an eternity together." I kissed her cold cheek. "Lyra looks just like you. You could be twins. Cissa... I'm begging you. Please wake up. Please don't be dead. I am not strong enough to do this without you. I'm not."

I kissed her cold gray lips.

"Please..."

"Mrs. Black... your time is up. We need you to leave."

"NO! PLEASE NO! NOOOOOO! LET GO OF ME! NARCISSA NARCISSA I LOVE YOU!"
———
"Eda! My love wake up! Eda!"

I shot up in bed in a cold sweat crying like a madwoman.

"Cissa?! Cissa where are you?!"

Warm arms pulled me to their owners chest. I immediately recognized the feeling of my wife's arms around me.

"I'm right here my love. Right here. Everything is alright. You're safe. I've got you."

"Y-you're a-alive?!"

"Shh. I'm fine my love. Just fine. Did you have a nightmare?" She cooed, kissing my head and rocking me in her arms.

I threw my arms around her and clung to her fearing she would fade away if I let go.

"Y-you d-died. Y-you left m-me just l-like that! I held your dead body Cissa! You w-were so cold and pale! Don't ever leave me!" I sobbed.

"Oh my sweet sweet girl... I'm not going anywhere. I am going to live a long beautiful life with you and our children. I will never. Ever. Leave before its my time to go. I promise. I love you so much darling. So so much." She whispered.

"I love you more than anything in the world Narcissa Black. You are my sun. My world turns because I have you in it. If you leave, the light will vanish. Don't let the light vanish Cissa Dove." I begged.

"The light is here to stay." She promised.

"Can I hold you? Please? I need to feel you." I whimpered.

"Always." She said smiling softly.

I adjusted her so I could wrap both my arms around her and hold her to my chest.

"I'm here to stay."

"I know I don't have to tell you what you are to me. You know. But I could not bare it if something happened to you." I whimpered

"And I you."

"Narcissa... you don't understand what I'm saying." I said shakily. "I cannot live without you. The day you die... if I'm not dead first, I refuse to live without you. I would never be able to. You are the reason I'm still alive. I fight for you. To have a life with you. If and when I lose you, I will have nothing and no one to fight for. And I'm sure that's terrifying and disturbing to hear but-"

I was cut off by her soft lips on mine, kissing me ever so gently.

When we separated, she had a look in her eyes that I'd never seen before.

"Its terrifying to hear you speak those words. But not disturbing. I know you Edaline. I know you better than anyone. I know how your mind works, I know how your life has been. And I know the only other person you care for will die before either of us. And because I know that, I know you also know me. I have Draco yes. But he is an adult. He has his own completely separate life. And you have become my world. So I think its only fair you know, the feelings you have are the same things I feel when I think about you dying before me. Its the reason I hold onto you so tight. Why I'm a completely different person with you as opposed to everyone else. You melted my heart. You gave me something to fight for too. And I love you more than all the stars in the sky."