Marin

"Who's that?" Cissy asked curiously, pointing to the photo of a little girl in my locket.

I had opened it up to show her after months of her asking me what was inside it.

"My daughter... Marin." I answered apprehensively. Cissy is my best friend, and I love her more than anyone in the world... except for Marin.

"You have a daughter?" She gasped. "Eda we've been friends for a year! How did I not know that? You haven't told me right? I feel so bad! I had no idea!"

I smiled at her sadly.

"I haven't told you Cissa don't worry. Very few people know."

"But... I- I thought you couldn't get pregnant. I was there with you. When you-"

"She's not biologically mine. I adopted her. Technically she's my goddaughter. But her mum and dad died in the war. And she's only five. She had no one and I've been a constant in her life. So she's legally my daughter now." I answered quickly. Not wanting to go into detail about the affair. Its emotional and in all honesty, I'm a new mom and its terrifying. I've been trying so hard not to be my mother that I feel as though I'm failing her.

"Oh Eda... She's Ryan's daughter?" Cissa asked softly, placing a hand on top of mine.

I nodded.

"I'm so sorry for your loss bumblebee. I know how close you two were." Cissy whispered.

"Thanks Cissy. It's difficult. Not because of Marin. She's a wonderful child. So polite and well behaved. I've had her for just under a year and she never once has misbehaved or sassed me. Not even a tantrum. I'm just..."

"You're scared of becoming your mum." Cissy finished.

I nodded.

Narcissa got up from our booth in the pub and pulled me into a tight hug.

"You are the most incredible woman I've ever known darling. I know you have been and are going to be the most wonderful mum to that little girl." Narcissa cooed.

"Thank you Cissadove. I'm so glad you know. Only Minerva and Sirius know."

"I will help in any way I can Eda. I'm here for you always."
--

Marin took to Narcissa quickly. She absolutely adored my witch and constantly nagged me about Cissy coming over.

"Mum when is Auntie Cissa coming back? Mummy can Auntie Cissa come over for a tea party? Can Auntie Cissa have a sleep over tonight? Please mum please?!"

Every. Other. Day.

I adored this and so did Cissa. Especially since "Auntie Cissa" is now my girlfriend. But tonight is a big step.

Cissy and I had been dating for three months when I told Marin she was coming over for dinner.

"Really?! Oh thank you mummy thank you!" She was practically vibrating with excitement.

"Yes darling really. But Auntie Cissa and I have to talk to you about something really important. Ok?"

"Ok! I'm gonna braid auntie Cissa's hair! We can play princess party! And! And I- I'm gonna attack her with hugs Mummy!"

"What about me Mar? Does mummy get a hug too?" I pouted my lip at her, causing the little girl to laugh and nod, launching herself into my arms at full speed.

My daughters a tiny thing, but she fully knocked the wind out of me and nearly caused me to collapse.

"Oof! Thanks sweetheart." I laughed as I got attacked by Marin kisses.