Misunderstandings

A/N: ok you're going to want to smack Edaline this chapter but I swear the ending is worth it. Also I have a BIG smut chapter coming next. Also I can't add a picture for some reason. Sorry guys.
⚠️TW- None⚠️

-Narcissa's POV-

Edaline hasn't spoken to me in a week. And I'm not sure what I did to make her so upset... What I do know is that I need to figure it out quickly because I'm losing my bloody mind!

Everything was going great! Hogwarts had held a spring formal for the students and the both of us had been asked to the dance. Even though we were chaperones, we were both so excited. In all honesty, it was Eda I wanted to ask to go with me, but as far as I knew, my feelings were one sided. So when Jason Nott had asked me, I figured why not have fun? Eda had been excited for me but I felt bad going with a date when she didn't have one. Until that is, Neville Longbottom, the Herbology professor had asked her and she accepted. It stung a bit, but I hadn't asked her so I really had no right to be upset... and now we both had dates and maybe, I could distract myself from my feelings for Edaline.

-Flashback-
We had been having fun at the dance, the four of us dancing, drinking, laughing. And then Jason asked me to slow dance with him, and despite wanting to dance with Edaline, I accepted and followed him out into the courtyard. It had been covered in beautiful flowers and pixies twinkling like stars.

Jason is a phenomenal dancer and devilishly handsome, but he's not Edaline. And I had been wishing the entire time it was her instead. I had to imagine it was her arms around me instead. But I smiled the whole time and leaned into his embrace, and then he kissed me.

I imagined they were Eda's lips instead. But when I was brought back to reality, the disappointment and shame of what I'd done hit me. I excused myself and left to find Edaline only to find Neville sitting alone.

"Neville? Where's Edaline?" I asked.

He gave me a cold stare.

"She left." He replied.

"What? Why?" I was surprised. "I thought she was having fun. She was laughing and smiling the entire evening."

"She wasn't having fun. Honestly Narcissa, if you can't see it, you're hopeless." He said simply before turning away and walking into the crowd.

Can't see what? What is he on about? I know Edaline better than anyone. I'd be able to tell if she-

"There you are love!" Jason came up behind me and put his arm around my waist.

"Jason... Listen, I had fun dancing with you but I'm not interested. I'm sorry. Its nothing against you its just..."

"You're in love with Edaline." He stated simply.

"I- is it that obvious?" I whispered, blushing profusely.

"Yeah. I just figured I'd shoot my shot. Good luck with her Cissa. And thank you for the dance." He said with a smile.

"Thank you professor."

I was about to leave to find Edaline when someone caught me by the arm.

"I'd give her space if I were you."

I whipped around to find Neville to be the one grasping my arm.

"Is she that upset? If she's that upset, she needs me. I'm her best friend." I protested.

"Narcissa I'm telling you verbatim what she told me. "I don't want to see Narcissa. Tell her I want to be alone." So I'd leave her alone." Neville advised.

My heart cracked a bit.

"Why doesn't she want to see me Neville?" I asked, trying to maintain my composure.