Eda the Ballerina Pt 3 the finale ig (Irina)

Irina

Narcissa and I were sitting in her quarters, cuddling in her couch in front if the fireplace enjoying the quiet life. I have my surgery in a month and we had been officially dating for 2 months.

"Who hurt you Edaline? Why are you still surprised when you wake up next to me?" Narcissa asked cautiously.

It startled me. I had to take a moment to answer her.

"Irina. Irina Bolskov." I replied cooly. As flashbacks of our relationship played in my mind, I could feintly feel the sting of her leaving me in the back of my mind. But then I remembered that I was finally happy with Narcissa. The pain is less and less the more Narcissa is around.

"Irina? Who's Irina darling?" She asked kindly, encouraging me to share so she could understand.

I took a deep breath and turned around to face her.

"Irina Bolskov was the woman I thought I was going to marry. And she left me. She packed up and left out of no where one day." My voice broke as I explained to Narcissa. "Irina and I met when I was first hired by the RBT. She picked me out of the corpse to be her new principal dancer. And she hated me. At least I thought she did. But we worked everyday together on the shows I was principal for and we grew close. She was 40. I was newly 21. And I fell head over heals for that woman. We ended up dating for two years, never having any problems during. But I woke up on the cold morning of December 12th 3 years ago to an empty bed and all evidence of Irina ever living with me gone. All that was left was a dear john letter."

Narcissa was listening intently, rubbing small circles on my knuckles to comfort me.

"I burned it. I burned it a long time ago. But I remember it so vividly. If you want to use legillimemcy on me, you can see it." I said lowly, giving Narcissa permission to see inside my head.

She nodded and kissed my hand before casting the spell.

My Dearest Edaline,
I know what you must think of me. A coward. A cold hearted bitch. I have left you and our life together for no rhyme or reason. And its true. I'm all of those things. I'm truly sorry маленький. But I have been offered Artistic Director at the Bolshoi and I cannot refuse that opportunity. Our end was inevitable. We are headed down different paths and it is foolish to believe we could ever be together. You're so young Edaline. мой маленький лебедь. My sweet swan. You have a full life and career ahead of you and I can not be the one to hold you back. I love you so much... but our chapter is over and a new one is beginning. Please never forget me. Don't try to find me. You won't be able to. I'm truly sorry.

All my love,
Irina Bolskov.

When Narcissa came back from my mind, she pulled me into her lap and held me tight.

"I know I shouldn't let this affect me. It happened years ago. I should be over it by now." I huffed, wiping the tears from my eyes, trying not to lose it.

"None of that." Narcissa scolded lightly, kissing my head. "Edaline... I understand why you aren't over this betrayal. The person you loved most in the world left you. That's something that takes time to heal from and I don't expect you to be ok. But I need you to know something."

I looked up at her with glassy tearful eyes.

"What?"

She adjusted me so I was sitting across from her now her hands were clutching mine with intent and her eyes were desperate and honest. So raw with emotion.

"I'm not Irina. When I say I love you, I mean it in every aspect of the word. I'm committed to you. To us. You will never have to worry about me leaving you. I'm not going anywhere. You're the one I've waited for my whole life. When I'm with you, I feel something I've never felt before. And while its terrifying, its the good fear. Its exciting, its... its the most wonderful feeling I've ever experienced and I would die before giving that up. If we have problems, we will talk through them. We will work it out together. We will navigate life changing events and opportunities together. You're my teammate. My partner. You're my person. And I love you. I will be here when you go to bed and here when you wake up. Unless I have to get up earlier than you. But you know what I mean. I'm not Irina. And I'm not going to leave you."

My amber eyes found her dark doe brown ones and I saw the sincerity in them. I had no doubts in Narcissa's words.

I leaned in slowly and closed the distance between us, kissing her deeply.

When we finally parted, I was grinning like an idiot.

"I believe you. I'm not going anywhere either. I love you Cissy. I've never felt like this with anyone before. Not even Irina. I trust you. I love you. I choose you. And I want you."

Happy tears filled Narcissa's big brown eyes as I was gifted with a wide smile from the potions mistress.

"Never stop that." I whispered, smiling lightly at her.

"Stop what?" She asked.

"Never stop smiling. You have the most beautiful smile Narcissa."

"If I have you, I'll never have a reason to stop." She said, pulling me back into her lap, laying me between her legs so my head was resting on her chest.

I embraced the closeness, wrapping my arms around her waist, holding her impossibly close.

"Thank you for sticking with me. I'm not easy to love Cissy. Thank you for loving me in spite of my flaws." I said.

"I disagree dear. You're very easy to love. Everyone has flaws. Yours make you easy to love." She said, running her nimble fingers through my hair.

"How did I get so lucky?" I asked sleepily.

"I guess we just ran into each other at the right time." Narcissa said.

"Well You quite literally body slammed into me. But I wouldn't have it any other way. And no real damage was done. You're tiny." I said giggling.

Narcissa let out a chuckle and summoned a blanket to cover us up.

"Well I guess we can thank my clumsiness." She said holding me a little tighter.