Honey, Hi

Tbh this is probably one of my favorites.

Eda's POV:

"Hi Cissy."

Narcissa looked up from the book she was currently invested in at the sound of my voice. God I love her so much.

"Hello my love." She smiled, tilting her head back to share in my greeting kiss. "How long were you watching me before you made yourself known?"

I blushed and giggled at her accusatory question.

"Probably 10 minutes or so. You know me darling. I love to admire works of art."

Narcissa snorted and waved her hand dismissively.

"You're a cheeky little shit Eda."

"And you're a snot. But my one and only snot."

She let out a cackle at the memory of that nickname.

--

Narcissa and I had first met when I had agreed to be her auror after the war had ended when the malfoys were hated by many. I had volunteered for the assignment as no one wanted to protect the Malfoys. Draco had Harry already so he was safe and when Kingsley and Harry came to me personally, I knew it would not be easy. And dear lord did I have my work cut out for me. I went to retrieve the Malfoys the day after everyone left Hogwarts, arriving at the manor at half past 3.

The two of them answered the door and let me in, both giving stiff greetings.

"This is where you'll be staying." Narcissa said, showing me to my room. Apparently no one had told them that we weren't going to be staying at the manor for their own protection.

"This is all very nice Mrs. Malfoy but we aren't staying here."

Narcissa paled and looking confused at my comment.

"Is this not nice enough to meet your expectations Auror Albrecht? We can give you a nicer room." She said stiffly, the ice cold expression clear on her face.

I gave her a small smile in hopes of being civil.

"That's not the issue ma'am. It isn't safe here. The wizarding community hate your guts right now and they know where you live. I am taking you and Mr. Malfoy to a safe house. We will remain there until after your trial. So if you could pack your things quickly, it would be greatly appreciated." I said.

She looked annoyed but agreed and fetched Lucius to start packing.

They met me downstairs 20 minutes later and took my hand as we apparated to the safe house

"This is it?" Lucius asked disgustedly.

"Indeed."

"Its so small." He whined

"Buck up Lucius. Size has let me down for years and you never complained then." Narcissa snapped.

I had to hold in a laugh at her dig.

"S-shall we go inside?" I asked not bothering to hide my amusement anymore.

"Fine." She said stiffly.