The One Where Eda Tackles Someone To Save Narcissa

They had fought. They had had a huge fight. One that was almost irreparable. One that would've most certainly ended their friendship had the two women not loved each other so much.

Narcissa was about to turn in for the night when there was a loud banging on the front door of the manor.

Lady Malfoy had just finished her nightly cup of tea, trying to calm herself after the fight she had had with Edaline that ended in hurtful words and heartbreak.

What was she supposed to say? Edaline begged her to leave Lucius. To come live with her and spend the rest of their days together happy and free. They had a bond deeper and more complicated than that of two best friends. They had slept together. And Narcissa was just as in love with Edaline as Edaline was with her. Narcissa wanted to go with Edaline. Oh how she wanted to give into the young witch and lose herself. Wanted to live out the rest of her days with the beautiful spitfire woman in her cottage in Galway... but she couldn't. She had responsibilities and a duty to fulfil to her family. Divorce was almost unheard of in pureblood society and she would be outcasted. But thats not why she refused. She was terrified of someone loving her. Truly loving her. Losing the love of her life because they got bored of her or decided they deserved more was too much for Narcissa. Better to feign ignorance and indifference.

As Narcissa was ascending the stairs to her bedroom, a loud banging sounded at the door.

"What in Merlins name?" She thought to herself.

Her dominant hand gripped her wand tightly as she descended back down the steps and made her way to the door.

"Please help!" A voice shouted.

Narcissa frowned.

"Please! Aunt Narcissa! I know you're in there! Please help me!"

Narcissa swallowed the bile rising in her throat, took a deep breath, and slowly opened the door, pointing her wand at the person on her doorstep. She gasped at the sight in front of her. There stood her niece, Nymphadora, carrying something in her arms.

"What are you doing here?!" Narcissa hissed in a panicked voice.

Nymphadora looked at her aunt with tears brimming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry to disturb you like this. She... Eda just showed up at my doorstep like this and passed out before I could get her inside! Please help me! I don't know what to do!" Nymphadora Tonks was begging. Begging! She didn't beg.

Narcissa's gaze finally traveled to the thing her niece was carrying, it was Edaline's unconscious, bloody body. She let out a gasp and choked sob, her hand flying to her mouth.

"Edaline?! Oh Salazar!" Narcissa rushed to her side and took her best friends body from her niece, cradling the young woman to her chest.

"Can we floo to her home from here? I just moved and don't have it set up and I'm not strong enough to apparate us all tonight." Tonks asked frantically.

"Of course. This way." Narcissa carried the unconscious witch to the fireplace, Dora right behind her. They flooed to Edaline's home on the coast of Galway, where the two witches placed her on the couch.

"I'm going to get my mum. Can you stay with her?" Tonks asked.

Narcissa nodded, crouching next to her best friend as tears streamed down her face.

Dora left right away and Narcissa got to work straight away. She quickly grabbed a washcloth and dampened it with warm water, cleaning the cuts on her Edaline's bloodied face.

"Oh little dove... what did you do? What did you do?" She choked out in a whisper, seeing the bruises that had formed underneath the blood.
"You're going to be the death of me my darling."