I Love You

More projecting my chronic pain onto Eda...

"It hurts so bad Cissa! Why does it hurt so bad?!" I cried as I lay in a ball on the floor, clutching my lower abdomen.

I recently found out from my doctor that I have something called endometriosis and that explained why my periods were always so painful. Narcissa had no clue what it was when I told her but she was very worried. Narcissa had her own experience and fair share of menstrual pain. But nothing as severe as what I was going through. At first she had thought I had a ruptured ovary or something but upon further investigation at St Mungos, nothing was found out of the ordinary. This prompted me to go to my muggle doctor to get a proper diagnosis.

This wasn't all that abnormal for me to be laying on the floor immobile but Jesus I always forget how bad it is until I start bleeding again.

My body was on fire. My legs, back, abdomen, and head were all on fire and I was so dizzy.

Narcissa had found me on the floor and tried to help me into bed but I couldn't move without crying. It was intense.
I just wanted it to stop!

"Damnit!" I cried as fresh tears flowed down my face. "Please Cissa! Make it stop!" I begged.

"Shh. Its ok. You're going to be ok. My sweet girl." Narcissa cooed.

Narcissa had given up on getting me into bed and was planning on waiting until I passed out for a nap to move me. So she had promptly sat down next to me and gently moved my head into her lap, running her delicate fingers through my hair to soothe me.

"P-please..." I whimpered, finding her doe brown eyes glassy from tears.

"I'm so sorry darling. I wish I could help. I'd take it for you if I could." She whispered.

"I know you would. You're an angel Cissy... thank you. I'm sure you'd rather not be dealing with this right now." I rasped.

"Oh hush. Theres no where I'd rather be right now." She said softly.

"Love you." I whispered to my best friend.

Narcissa began humming a tune softly to me, running her fingers through my hair to soothe me to sleep. It worked. Before I knew it, I was conked out asleep.

Narcissa's POV:

God I hate seeing Eda in so much pain. She's my love. She's such a strong woman. When I look at her, I see someone that would take on the world and beat it singlehandedly. And she's immobile from her period? Thats perplexing and concerning. I remember having some nasty cramps. But they were never this bad. I've heard word of it before of course, but I've never seen someone crying and screaming on the floor.

When she was asleep, I moved her to the bed and placed her under the soft covers, grabbing a few things before joining her. I didn't want to leave her alone. God forbid she wakes up and thinks I left her.

When I returned, I kissed her forehead and climbed in, pulling her against me.

I'm a hopeless witch in love.

Earlier today:

I woke up getting ready to begin class for Tuesday, expecting to meet Eda this evening for ballet class. I had made a lot of progress and Eda said that I could be ready for pre-pointe! I'm so excited!