Miscarriage

Wholesome Lucius??

I found Narcissa on the floor, screaming. Wailing. Sobbing and begging. Cursing god for her miscarriage. Blaming herself.

It was Lucius who had informed me of the situation. The man had showed up on my doorstep, soaked head to toe from the pouring rain, looking saddened and worried for his wife. They did not love each other no. But he did care for her. He knew I loved his wife more than anything in the world. He knew of our relationship. He knew she loved me. And despite this being new, he trusted me to care for Narcissa the way he could not.

"Lucius?"

I took in the mans disgruntled appearance, confused as to why the hell he was on my doorstep.

"Eda... its Cissa."

My soul left my body at his words. I immediately took his arm as he apparated us into the manor.

"She's miscarrying. Upstairs. In her ensuite. I..."

"Its ok. I've got this." I reassured him, darting to find my petal.

And I was not ready for what I found.

I opened the door to the ensuite to find Narcissa kneeling on the floor, hands covered in blood as she bled onto the tile, wailing.

"AHHHHHHHHH!"

My heart shattered and I did the only thing I could think of. I knelt behind her silently and pulled her against me tightly.

"NO! LET ME GO! LET ME GO LUCIUS! LEAVE ME ALONE!" She cried, fighting against my grip.

"Shhh. Its me Cissy. Its Eda. I'm here. I've got you. I've got you." I cooed, still keeping her in a firm grip as I pressed kisses to her head.

"I- I... Eda?" She whimpered, looking up at me.

"Yes baby girl. Its me. I've got you." I promised.

"I... I lost it Eda... I lost the baby!" She cried, tucking her head into my neck.

"I know. I know sweetling. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"T-theres so much b-blood." She cried.

I sat holding her, unsure of how to help her. All I could do was try and calm her down from the intense state of utter anguish.

"I know Cissa. Let it out. I've got you. You're not alone anymore. I'm not going anywhere." I promised, continuing to rub her back and press kissed to her head.

"I killed our baby Eda! Its all m-my fault!" She wailed.

"No! No baby look at me. Look at me Cissa dove." I begged.

She reluctantly looked up from my neck, her eyes were red and puffy as tears flowed like a river down her cheeks.

"This was not your fault. You didn't kill our baby. This couldn't have been prevented. It is not your fault." I said seriously, willing her to believe me.

"How do you know?" She sniffled.

I bit my lip and swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"Because you are far too good of a mother." I promised.

She clung to me as she wept for another ten minutes. When she calmed enough to regain her breathing, I picked her up and set her on the bathroom counter while I started a warm shower. Narcissa dislikes baths when she's in pain for some reason so a shower seemed like a good option.

When I started that, I moved over to her and magicked away her bloody clothes along with my own and walked her to the shower.

She clung to me as soon as I shut the shower door and refused to let go, which I had no qualms with. My lover needed my touch. She needed this from me. And I will always give her the love she needs.

"It hurts Eda..." she whispered shakily into my chest.

"I know baby girl. Its going to hurt for a while. But I will never leave you ok? We will face the pain together. You are not alone, and I love you so much darling. So so much."

"I love you too. Thank you for coming." She mumbled.

"Always."

——

I magicked away the bloody mess on the floor after I carried Narcissa to bed and tucked her in.

My poor dove needed to rest and recover, and after promising that I would be right back to snuggle her, she let me go clean the mess.

When I returned a moment later, she was crying again, clinging to a pillow.

"Baby..." I croaked.

"I'm sorry Edaline. I'm so sorry."

I quickly slid into bed with her and pulled her snug against me, rubbing her back and showering her with kisses and sweet nothings.

"Narcissa... my love you have nothing to apologize for. Nothing at all."

"You promise you're not gonna leave me?" She whimpered.

I tilted her head up and kissed her softly.

"My darling dove. Nothing in the universe could ever take me away from you. I will never leave you." I swore.

She nodded, kissed me, and curled around me as best she could with the horrid cramping.

"Do you need anything darling? Soup? Water? Pain elixir?" I whispered.

"No... just, keep holding me. And maybe put on a movie in the background to fall asleep to." She breathed.

I waved my wand and selected her favorite film as we laid together.

"Darling dove. My sweet little love. Its going to be ok. I swear it."