You Left.

ANGST. Also possible TW for PTSD and non specific trauma?

You left.

-3rd Person POV-

It started with a small spat about Narcissa spending so much time with Carmella Zabini. Eda didn't trust Mrs. Zabini for multiple reasons, though she adored Blaise when he was her student at Hogwarts. But his mother always rubbed Eda the wrong way. When she had met the woman for the first time, Carmella had been eyeing her up and down as if she were her prey. Eda didn't like that. And all of her husbands mysteriously died, unexpected deaths.

Two weeks ago, Carmella's eighth husband died suddenly of a "heart attack" and Narcissa, being the good friend she was, had been at the widows house every morning and afternoon helping her plan the funeral. Two weeks of hardly seeing her wife had Eda on edge. Narcissa is her go to. The wind beneath her feet. The moon to her sun. Eda didn't mind Narcissa having friends, in fact she loved that her wife had people outside of her, but Carmella had always been a tad too touchy feely with Narcissa for Eda's liking. She blatantly flirted with her in front of Edaline on multiple occasions. Narcissa was clueless to that sort of thing so she paid it no mind. But today was different.

Narcissa had been gone non stop for the past two weeks to be there for her friend, from 7 am to as late as 9 pm. Eda was alone. It was the summer holidays so she wasn't away teaching all day and she missed her wife. Not to mention Carmella was a stunning witch. Truly the definition of beauty next to Narcissa. If she wanted Narcissa, she could easily take her. Though that was mainly just Eda's insecurity.

After the first week of 12+ hour visits to the Zabini Manor every day, Eda brought up her feelings on the matter of Narcissa being gone so much.

"I never see you anymore. I miss you Cissy. I understand she's your friend and you want to be there for her but you're gone from sunrise to late at night. And well, I really miss you." Eda explained as gently as possible.

"I'm sorry darling. I miss you too, but I need to be there for Car. She really needs support and help planning the funeral. When this is all over though, we'll have ample time to spend together." Narcissa promised, kissing Eda's head.

"Thats fine and dandy but when is this going to be over? Its been 7 days straight of you being goneCissy! I need you too!" Eda said, frustration growing in her chest.

"I don't know Edaline! But I'm going to be there for my friend for as long as she needs me! End of story!" Narcissa snapped.

That was the first time Eda's trust had shaken in Narcissa. Narcissa was always there for her when she needed her. And Eda really needed her right now. She had been dealing with some PTSD that had resurfaced after an EMDR session in therapy right when Narcissa started leaving. Not only was she suffering from that, but she couldn't sleep because of it, and mix in being alone all day and well into the night... she was usually in bed by the time Narcissa got home. She had virtually not seen Narcissa at all for 7 whole days.

Eda couldn't respond, so she met Narcissa's glare with an equally cold one, got up, and stormed out of the room. She refused to rage at Narcissa, they only raged on each other on rare occasions and because of Eda's BPD, her raging could often be quite scary and hurtful.

Narcissa sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, massaging the area to fight off an impending headache. It was late, close to 10:00pm and she needed a good nights sleep so she could help Carmella tomorrow. Slowly she dragged herself upstairs and into the bedroom to find Eda walking out of the bathroom in her old Slytherin jumper and a pair of shorts, hair tossed into her messybun. Eda refused to look at her and crawled into bed popping her wireless earbuds in to listen to music or a podcast. Narcissa stared for a moment before changing into her night slip and going about her night routine, taking about 10 minutes before she finally settled into bed next to her wife. Eda was facing away from her which wasn't normal. Eda always opened her arms for her to cuddle into but tonight she didnt.