37

3rd person's Pov:

Did Niall, Liam and Zayn just cheer as they walked off together, after they shared a good laugh? Quite possibly. Is Olivia nearly exploding because of anger? Also quite possible. Do the boys give a fuck? Absolutely not.

Louis' Pov:

I'm so happy we didn't have that awkward silence thing in the beginning. We just started talking about how we spent the last few years. And I definitely didn't ask him about his acting career. I would never.

"I loved don't worry darling because it just felt like a movie. And my police man-" I cut him off with my laughing. Come on, that was hilarious.

Through laughter I try to get out: "please- please don't say that at the press event. No- hahah- to be honest, ple- please say that."

I see through my tears that he's pouting but he also can't help the small smile appearing on his face.

With a light smack on the back of my head he said: "Shhhh you doofus."

I whine, just like I would if the smack actually hurt me. Now it's my turn to pout. And apparently his turn to laugh out loud. I playfully shove him but also can't help my grin as I see that he laughs freely, with his dimples out.

I can't resist and poke them and Harry erupts in absolutely adorable giggles. With a smack of his hand he silences himself.

I can't help but scowl. Why would you try to repress such a beautiful sound? Carefully I pull away his hands and look up into his eyes.

"Why did you do that, luv?" He looks away ashamed. "Nothing to me ashamed of, that was absolutely adorable." I see him tensing up but I don't let him get away. Instead I just press his palms together and enclose them with my own hands, which was a bit harder than imagined because his hands were definitely bigger than mine. And they were incredibly soft and warm. Of course they were warm I deadpanned innerly, it's like 30 degrees celsius.

"Why are you afraid of being adorable?" I know that something is wrong when he avoids looking into my eyes. "Harry look at me. Your eyes are like a door to your soul and emotions." And when he finally does I nearly wish I hadn't asked for it. The emotions are whirling around like mad but the most prominent are insecurity and tiredness. With a sad sigh I embrace him and he puts his head on top of mine, burying his face in my hair in the process. I can't help but think what if my hair stinks? But that thought is gone soon when he silently says:

"Olivia says giggling isn't manly." So my thought about my hair is replaced with thoughts about how to kill a bitch. I think I somewhere heard that there is a chemical that dissolves a body, right?

"Well in that case look at me, I'm not manly and, well I don't give a shit. Harry, you decide who defines masculinity for you. And I like to define masculinity as being confident with who we are."

"She says being adorable isn't manly."

"And do you agree with her?" And then there's a pause. A long pause in which we just stand there, hugging on a random street in Lisbon.

"I don't know." he finally admits silently.

"I don't believe her and for me your giggle was one of the most manliest things. Because you did what you wanted and felt free."

I feel him sigh into my hair and mumble: "Thank you."

"No need to thank me, darling, that's what friends are for. Please know that you can come to me with anything. I would never ever laugh at you." I'm not good at comforting people. I never know what to say. But apparently it was enough.

"Thank you."

"Harold, you dork."

This time he giggles without trying to hide it. I smile at him proudly and he bashfully returns the action.

"Now, let's enjoy our day off."

----------

Laughing I explain to him what Freddie did lately. He's listening amused and gives and input here. Finally we are there. Panting I stop talking and he does the same.

"Wow." we say in sync. Miradouro da Senhora do Monte.

"Beautiful view, innit" I say, admiring the sight.

"Yes, very pretty." Out of the corner of my eye I see how he turns his head quickly away from me towards the city. He didn't mean me, right? No, no I'm just observing him too intently. "Look at the view, you idiot.", I scold myself inwardly.

Without talking we just enjoy the weather and the little wind that goes. We also enjoy the time-out form our stressful everyday life. With a happy sigh I turn towards him. God damn he got even more beautiful over the years. The haircut fits his facial structure really well and he looks way more mature than the last time I saw him. Just a true beauty.

"Are you done staring?" he says with a smirk. Shit, I feel that I'm slightly blushing which leads to more blushing.

A bit flustered I answer: "Never. Just admiring how good you look." The fuck did I just say? Am I fucking stupid. That IS considered flirting. Ohmagahd. Embarrassing as fuck. When I hear no laugh or snicker I look up only to be met with him fiddling with his shirt.

Faster than Quicksilver I stand closer to him and cup his face.

"You are pretty, beautiful, attractive, handsome, lovely, charming but that's not the thing that matters to us. I think I can speak for all the boys when I say that we love your goofiness, clumsiness, your charming way with how you treat people, your clumsiness, your humor and have I mentioned your clumsiness. And, now promise me that you will never tell a soul about this..."

"I promise, you theatre kid."

"I love your bad jokes, they are so bad that they are actually good." I see his eyes lighten up. Oh no...

"Do you want to hear a joke?"

"Oh god." I groan, pulling back my hands, but I'm smiling widely. I missed these jokes. So I nod.

"What do you call a can opener that doesn't work?"

"I have no clue." I say still smiling at how happy this makes him.

"A- a can't op- opener." he stutters out through his own laughters. I join in quickly. I love seeing him this happy and the joke wasn't even that bad. But just to build up my bruised reputation again I groan and say: "That was sooooo baaaad"

"Shut it, you loved it."

"Not trueee." One pout and I'm gone. "Ok, true."

"Knew it!!!" he cheers.

After talking and laughing for some more time we get back to the hotel. As soon as Hazza sees the boys he shouts loudly:

"Lou said he likes my jokes!!!"

"HAROLD!"

3rd person's Pov:

Let's just hope nobody took a photo.

---------

Hellouuuu, I hope you liked it :)

Have a nice day <3

We are close to 1k reads... wow!!! and we passed 69 votes 😏🤭 THANK YOUUUUU, I LOVE YOUU ALLLL!!!!

~N
20.09.22