50

Harry's Pov:

"Wakey, wakey sunshine. It's a new day." A soft voice pries me out of my sleep. I can't help but grumble. Whoever it is chuckles and I feel their chest rumble.

"You want me to pee into your bed?" In that case I guess I will let go of my warm human cushion. They quickly get out of bed and I hear the bathroom door close. Oh wait that was Lou. What is he doing in my be- wait... everything comes crashing down. Breathing gets difficult. I don't see clearly anymore. Panic. Out of the corner of my eye I see how Louis rushes towards me, trying to calm me down. After a while I feel how my senses come back, how I start to hear Lou's voice more clearly, how I start to see the warm sunlight again. I scramble away from him. How embarrassing. I broke down so many times... and just because I know that he's there to pick me up. I just know. But it still is fucking embarrassing. And if he could read my mind, Lou says:

"You can be vulnerable. I know that this is one of the worst feelings eve-"

"No being left my their best friend with benefits is worse." That's what I let slip out... after he held me the whole night, after he cared for me, after he prevented a full-blown panic attack. I'm such a bad friend. He lowers his gaze but looks back up right again.

"I deserve that and so much more. Please just always let me know. I want you to let it out." His voice wavers a bit but he keeps his head up proudly. After a short pause he continues. "I'm sorry Harry but we should probably contact Marcus..." Everything in me is wants me not to call. But I know it would be right. I know at some point I will be confronted with it, so why not now?

A short nod from my side and Louis is dialling some number. Just a few seconds and someone picks up:

"Hey, oh I was waiting for your call. Please just tell me that all this is a misunderstanding." I'm unable to make conversation. So I let Lou do the talking.

"I fear not. Could you maybe tell us what your relationship with Olivia is?"

"She's my girlfriend. As in kisses, holding hands, etc..."

"She's the same to my... best friend here. Girlfriend. As in kisses, holding hands, etc... Is it possible that she cheats on both of you?"

"I don't want to believe that she is able to do that. But I know when someone speaks the truth and this is such a moment. If you don't mind... I would like to talk to Harry for a second. You can stay, of course." With shaking hands I accept the phone from Lou's hands. When I hold it to my ear I feel a hand sneaking into mine and when I look down Lou's hands and one of mine are intertwined. This gives me a unexpected comfort and I feel ready to face this conversation.

"Hey." I silently say. I just don't want that he's pissed off with me.

"Ehm, hey Harry. I just want something out of the way... Are you angry at me or at Olivia."

"Only Olivia. We both carry no guilt. I will break up with her as soon as I can. But you maybe need to know that I will not do this over text. I'm better than that."

"If I may interfere... Wouldn't it be quite a story if you two met up somewhere and you try to get photographed, she sees it and you can both break up... I don't know if that's cruel or just what she deserves."

"I'm in." I'd normally would never do such thing but she kinda deserves it, right? "Well, we're in Toronto for at least another two weeks. Where are you right now?"

"I'm there actually as well... Want to get it over with as soon as possible? As in today's afternoon?" I look at Lou and he nods with an assuring smile, so that's it.

After agreeing on a meeting-point nothing is in the way of breaking up anymore.

afternoon:

After saying goodbye to Lou and a last reassuring smile on which I will base my whole serenity I'm on my way towards the coffee shop that ironically is named Olivia. Ok, to be fair we chose that location with the intention of sending a signal.

Ok. Breathe in and out. You will soon meet the person with which your girlfriend cheated on you. Let's just hope he's nice.

I enter the shop and check quickly if I'm the first or the second to arrive. I then see Marcus sitting in front of a window, visible for everyone, just like we planned. Hesitantly I walk towards him and as soon as I stand next to the table and he spots me, I'm surprised with a warm hug and a mumbled apology. A bit overwhelmed I hug back but pull away after a few seconds. As soon as we both sit he starts talking.

"Hey man... I'm so sorry." When I try to interrupt him he stops me. "I know we said she is the one that is carrying the guilt but that doesn't mean that I don't feel like shit as well. I- I just can't believe that she did this. That she is able to do this."

"I don't know what more to say, to be honest. I'm sorry as well. But what do you think about just drinking a coffee and then going on a walk so that someone surely spots us. "

After that the conversation flows easily. No more talking about Olivia or Olive Oil as my fans call her.

And during our walk in the park I hear the click of a camera going off and I can't help but smile satisfied that Lou's plan is working.

When we get back to the coffee shop, where Lou will pick me up, I decide that I will  tell him that I played with the thought of breaking up with her. And he once more surprises me with saying that the secret is safe with him and that he will wait for my call so that we can both meet up to make a little group project with Olivia, titled "breaking up".

After a quick hug for goodbye I climb into the waiting car. Finally safe from stranger's curious gazes I let my head fall back against the seat and exhale a big puff of air. But when I look over to Louis he stares stubbornly straight forward, avoiding my gaze. Once I see how he balls his fists around the steering wheel, knuckles turning white, I can't help but chuckle.

"Lou... It wasn't a coffee date, it was a meeting up for breaking up with my ex."

Grinning I see how he unballs his fist. Jealous even though we are not a couple. Once again he seem to read my mind.

"I'm not jealous. I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Hmm, whatever helps you sleep at night." He's still avoiding my gaze so I take the risk of completely embarrassing myself and say:

"If I wasn't in a relationship right now, I would kiss that pout right off your lips."

And boom, I had his full attention.

----------

Helloooooooo :) I tried once again, hehe

I hope you liked it :)

Have a nice day, darling <3 (grandma made a visit again ;)) and if I don't get the chance to write tomorrow then I wish you a happy New Year <3

~N

30.12.22