49

"Olivia? We need to talk."

---------

Harry's Pov:

"Where are you right now? Are you able to visit me anytime soon?"

"Who's there?" a male voice says.  A male voice.

"I can only return that question... Harry's speaking here."

"Hey I'm Marcus. Why are you calling my girlfriend?" girlfriend. girlfriend. girlfriend?

"Ehm, I'm sure you said that wrong, right? I was calling my girlfriend because I wanted to talk to her." I make sure to pronounce the word "my" just to make sure that he knows that she's taken. Whatever he's doing, going around calling her his girlfriend. I see Louis side-eying me and a look of realisation crosses his eyes.

"Pardon? Your girlfriend? In what world are you living? Are you some weird fan?" The man chuckles. But I'm not able to laugh. I'm frozen. I feel how Louis takes the phone out of my hand. He puts it on speaker and continues the conversation.

With a side glance in my direction he says: "Is this a misunderstanding or are you informing us that Olivia is cheating?"

"Now who are you? Another weirdo?"

"You are speaking to Louis Tomlinson and before you were talking to Harry motherfucking Styles."

"Wait, what the fuck?"

"Ehm, can we maybe facetime for a second? I wanna see this with my own eyes..."

I see them switching to a videocall and on the screen appears a handsome young man. He has short, straight blond hair combined with brown eyes. Exactly what she described in her truth or dare question. I suddenly feel the need to vomit and storm out of the room. A last glace back and I see Lou frantically writing down a combination of numbers. Then the door shuts behind me.

Thank god the next bathroom is close. Looking into the mirror I see my ruffled hair and my wide open eyes. I lung to the toilet seat, kneeling next to it. Tears welling up in my eyes I feel how my stomach churned. I try holding it back but as soon as a hand starts rubbing my back, all is lost. I hear Louis mumbling things like "let it all out" and "you're going to be ok". The tears that threatened to spill out of my eyes are now running down my cheeks freely. The realisation sets in and my stomach cramps once again.

"Are you finished?" Louis mumbles softly. With a weak nod I answer him. The embarrassment washes over me.

"I'm sorry" I whisper.

"Shh, nothing to be sorry for. Let's get you cleaned up and into your warm bed."

"Will you stay with me?" As he hesitates, I immediately regret my decision. " Shit sorry. I didn't want to pressure you, I just-"

"Hey, shhh, everything is fine. I just want you to be sure. It's me who doesn't want to pressure you with anything. If you want me to stay, then I will stay."

"I want you to stay" I say silently but firmly.

"Then I'll stay." I hear his smile without even looking at him. "Now let's get you cleaned up."

Back in my room Louis tucks me into my bed, blanket wrapped around me tightly. Then he stays standing next to my bed, looking like he's hesitating to do anything else. I pat the place next to me and his posture relaxes.

"You can take something out of my closet." I truly don't want him to sleep in jeans. I watch him walking towards my closet, admiring his bu-.... Never mind. When he turns around with grey joggers and a violet hoodie over his arm, he holds something else in his hands.

"You still have it? After all this time?" His voice is hoarse and it nearly breaks.

"I didn't have the heart to give it away. It means way too much to me."

With quick strides he comes over to my bed and asks: "May I hug you?" I mean what even is this question? I open my arms and he leans down and embraces me tightly. I feel his hot breath against my neck as well as a shaky exhale as he pulls back. He pushes said object into my hands.

"Ehm- yeah- I- I'm gonna- I'm gonna go change now. Ehm.. yeah" He retreats quickly to the bathroom and comes out after a minute, still a bit flustered and nearly drowning in my oversized clothes. He looks fricking cute. Cute hedgehog.

He jumps into my bed but leaves a distance between us, which I choose to overcome quickly, cuddling up to him. Hesitantly Louis picks up my hand and starts playing with the something that left him moved. He strokes over it and breaths out shakily and mumbles: "Thank you so much for trying again. You don't even know how much this means to me. I regret what I did every fucking day and I can do nothing more than saying sorry every chance I get."

"You changed me. I'm the human I am now because of everything that happened. And I have closure now because you told me the whole situation. The worst was the uncertainty. " Just saying this reminds me of what happened just about 20 minutes before. And the uncertainty is what kills me once again. I bury my head in his chest and he closes his hands over my ears. Something that calms me down. Complete darkness and complete silence.

I feel his chest vibrating, indicating that he's humming a song. All this lulls me to sleep. The last thing I think is, how thankful I am that I didn't give away my peace ring.

------

Well hello again :)

hope you liked it and had a nice holiday <3

Have a nice day, luv <3

~N

26.12.22