41

"What did you just say?" Harry asks quietly and with a slightly hoarse voice.

----------

Harry's Pov:

"You mean the thing about your toxic relationship?" he says with a slightly unsure voice. A stranger wouldn't hear it but I've known him for so long, I notice every change in his demeanour or voice.

I know he's trying to get out of this situation but I have to know what he meant by that! I slowly shake my head. A panicked expression takes over his face.

"What did you mean then?"

"The love thing". You know when they say in books that the characters see their life flash before their eyes. I never believed that until know. But....pure fright is expressed on his face and he turns beet red and well, it looks like his life flashed before his eyes. Uh oh.

"Can we make a deal?" What the duck? But if it means that I'll hear the story then sure. A nod and he presents me his idea. I really don't like it, I have to admit that.

"We talk about your relationship with Olive Oi- Olivia and I'll tell you the thing with the ehhmmm...... love of my life. Ok?" Another nod. I don't want to talk about my relationship. First Zayn and now Louis. They don't see that I'm happy just the way it is. I love her. She brings light to my life. Into the darkness that was consuming me for a long time.

"Harry. If it hasn't changed then you will never break up with a person. You don't want to break their heart and rather let them break yours. You never lose faith in your relationship and never see how badly they treat you. And I know that this sounds hard but you are way to kind and maybe a bit naïve." And that's it for me. I've done a lot of these things to protect him.

"Naïve?!? Are you kidding me Louis? I've never been so careful about getting into relationships and yes, you are damn right: I always try to see the best in people because that's what I do. That's nothing bad. Why the hell am I even talking with you about this?" I'd really like to murder the voice deep down that is trying to tell me that he's right.

"Harry... I'm sorry. I didn't mean it as an insult. I know that you always see the best in people and I love that, don't get me wrong. But sometime these people treat you like shit and you don't want to realise that. I've seen how you lower your gaze when she looks at you, how you start fiddling with the hem of your shirt when she talks to you, how you never smile with your dimples popped out anymore. But then you get onto stage and the dimples get resurrected, you power yourself out, you dance around, your whole stature screams confidence and power."

I didn't think he would notice these goddamn little things. Even I didn't.

"You are more you on stage than you are with her. And I love how you act on stage. It's beautiful to observe. You just look truly happy. But it also makes me sad because I know you well enough to see the signs for your sadness. You've always twirled your rings around when you felt like crying. It comforted you. You always kissed the heart tattoo when you needed a reminder that there are trustworthy people behind you that support you completely. And what do I see you doing on stage, Harry? These things. And I want you to know that I'm sorry. I wish I could do more than this. But the least I can do is telling you what I think makes you sad. And again, it's not my cup of tea but you were and still are on one my best friends and I want you to be happy. Truly happy, not fake happy."

I feel like crying. I want to hug him and tell him that he's right, with everything he said. I want to curl into him and hide my face in the crook of his neck.

Fuck, I finally realised. Why wasn't I able to see by myself. Not even Zayn I believed. I want to bawl and have him comforting me. Shit, Zayn was right in another point. But that can't happen again. The pain was too much last time. I want to hug him. I want to be comforted by him. I want to fall asleep, huddled up into his arms. But I can't. Olivia will tell everyone what happened between me and Louis. One drunken mistake may has ruined my whole future life.

An ugly sob escapes my mouth when I finally realise the whole disaster. Immediately I'm pulled into an embrace. I feel myself going limp in his arms. Louis lowers us to the ground and leans himself against the door. He whispers sweet nothings into my ear and pulls me onto his lap as soon as he situated himself. I hide my face in his chest and he holds me like that. Then I hear a beautiful melody. It drowns out my ugly sobs and the silence coming from Louis.

Wish that you could build a time machine
So you could see
The things no one can see
Feels like you′re standing on the edge
Looking at the stars
And wishing you were them
What do you do when a chapter ends?
Do you close the book and never read it again?
Where do you go when your story's done?
You can be who you were or who you′ll become
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, if it all goes wrong
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, darling just hold on
The sun goes down and it comes back up
The world it turns no matter what
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, if it all goes wrong
Darling, just hold on
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, darling, just hold on
It's not over 'til it′s all been said
It′s not over 'til your dying breath

So what do you want them to say when you′re gone?
That you gave up or that you kept going on?
What do you do when a chapter ends?
Do you close the book and never read it again?
Where do you go when your story's done?
You can be who you were or who you′ll become
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, if it all goes wrong
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, darling just hold on
The sun goes down and it comes back up
The world it turns no matter what
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh, if it all goes wrong
Darling, just hold on
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh
Darling, just hold on
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh
If it all goes wrong
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh
Darling just hold on
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh oh
If it all goes wrong, darling just hold on

I hug his middle and cuddle further into his warm t-shirt.

"Darling. You have a show. Do you think you're able to do it?" I only nuzzle my face into his shirt a bit more. What can I say, he's very comfy. But a bit hard. Wait a second... Since when does he have such a toned stomach. I literally feel his muscles. Damn. Fuck no, Styles. Don't.

"Yeah, I would like to power myself out." I finally answer, quoting him. He chuckles and rubs one final circle on my back before he nudges me to get up.

"Don't think I forgot that you still have to tell me something. I'd like to know that by tomorrow." You could literally see the colour leaving his face. Oops. And now I have to go and plan a little surprise. Only for the fans of course. Obviously.

------------

I hope you liked it :) I think I kinda like this one.... :)

Have a lovely day, darling <33

~N

10.10.22