40

"What the fuck?"

--------

Louis' Pov:
Shit. That was not supposed to happen. What will my management think? What will my fans think? And most importantly: What will my family and friends think? Ok, calm down, Louis. It's only a photo and they're not even sure that it's you. Deeeeeeep breath in and deeeeeep breath out. When I glance at Harry another time I see him staring at the newspaper with wide eyes. Shock is flashing though them. Still observing him I see how he timidly lifts his gaze towards Olivia and shrinks in his seat under her stare. She's totally controlling him. Doesn't he see that or is he just not willing to?

I kinda do know the answer to that: He always had a hard time accepting that a relationship was over. He never wanted to break a person's heart and held onto them, always seeing the best. And if the significant other finally broke up, his heart still shattered. Over the years he got more careful about getting into relationships in order to protect himself. But apparently it still happened.

And I know for sure that Olivia will not break up with him. He brings her a lot too much fame and attention. Poor boy.

Deep in thoughts I didn't even notice that Harry left. I only was able to see his silhouette scurry out of the door. Now focusing on my friends and ... her I see them staring at me intently .

"What?!?" I snap. I probably have to call my management but that's not even why I'm testy. I'm edgy because I don't know how Harry's new management handled the Larry rumours in the past. And I also don't know if they are ok with him being unlabelled. That's why.

"You were hugging by boyfriend." She states.

"Yes, I didn't know that it wasn't allowed to hug one of his best friends."

"Not when you had a relationship with them." I freeze. She shouldn't know that.

"Yeah we had a great friendship." She looks at me and repeats angrily.

"Yes, but I'm talking about your friends-with-benefits-relationship." Fuck, she does know. It was one of the band's most well-kept secret, why would he tell her that? Maybe she's blackmailing him? Fuck, I watched to many movies.... I really hope she isn't.

"First of all: None of your business. Second: He fooking needed that hug and it was completely friendly." Well at least for him, I did enjoy it a little bit too much.

"Yeah, yeah, looked totally friendly." Oh come in!

"I'm not fucking talking to you if you are that controlling. He needed a hug, I gave him one. I needed a hug and he participated in one. We had a fun day and got closer. There you go! Now shut up and let him live a bit."

Before I do something stupid I decide to leave the room. Behind I leave the sniggering but slightly concerned boys and a cuming Olivia and of course some hotel guests which had to sign a contact to not tell anyone anything.

I probably shouldn't search for Harry and make Olivia even more grumpy but I have to know if he's ok and maybe distract him a bit so he's ok for today's show.

When standing in front of his room I suddenly don't know if it's such a good idea to go in there.

I flinch when the door gets ripped open and Harry runs straight into me.

Aaaand I fly to the ground, being a lovely cushion for Harry to soften his fall.

"Oomph" I groan loudly.

"Oops"

"Hi" I can't help but grin. It's always the same with us two.

Before Harry even has the chance to get up a unpleasant squeak interrupts our moment:

"That's what you call friendly, huh?" For fuck's sake, come on! Blah, blah, blah. Ok, we are laying on top of each other. Ok, we are laying on the ground. Wait- It actually could look a bit suspicious. Hehehe, how inconvenient.

Not saying anything I sit up after Harry got up slowly, with his gaze fixated to the ground. I pluck softly at his shirt and whisper into his ear:

"Can we talk for a second? Or do you have to go and prepare for your show?"

With a nod he answers. Dork. It wasn't a yes or no question. I just interpret it as a yes to the first question and pull him back into his room. Before I close the door and I take a look at Olivia and can't help but grin at her agitated expression.

When I turn around he's sitting on his bed. I know I'm not prepared for this talk but it has to be done. He will probably hate me afterwards.

"Harry....please let me finish and don't interrupt me, ok?" He only nods. How the fuck will I express what I mean. Ok, fuck it, I'm going straight to the point: "Harry, she's controlling you. You're a completely different person around her. She insults you and is mentally abusing you. Please tell me you know that. Please. Your relationship isn't healthy! And yes I know that it isn't my cup of tea but I'm not able to see one of my best friends in a a toxic relationship. It hurts me because I know that you are hurting. These insults aren't just playful banter so don't use that as an argument. They pick at your biggest insecurities, don't think I forgot which one they were. I saw you crying and I was there for you. And I also know that I haven't been there for you for such a long time and I'm so sorry for that but I don't think you wanted to see me anyways because I made a mistake that I regret daily because it shooed away the love of my life."

FUCK WHAT DID I JUST SAY? I didn't want to make it about me! I wanted to talk about his relationship and definitely didn't want to admit something like that. Shit, duck, goddamn it.

He lifts his gaze and looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"What did you just say?" Harry asks quietly and with a slightly hoarse voice.

-----------

I'm so fucking sorry for not writing any chapters. I had three tests last week and I procrastinated until I was utterly stressed. Well anyways, I hope you liked this chapter :)
And I'll see you on the next chapter <3
Have a nice day, darling <3

~N
08.10.22