45

"Well, that was interesting."

--------

Harry's Pov:

"NIALL?! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the hotel room?" He just laughs and next to him two other heads plop up. 

"ARE YOU SHITTING ME? Were you in the club as well? Stalking us?"

"Well, in my defense, I was against it." Zayn answers.

Just as I want to start talking again, I feel a head slumping against my shoulder. Looking down I see fluffy brown hair resting in the crook of my neck. Closing my mouth again, I softly start threading my fingers through his short fringe. I instantly feel at ease. Louis has and always had that effect on me.

Deep in thoughts I don't even notice Niall taking out his phone and snapping a picture. I have to talk to my management about this incident. They are ok with me being out but we never talked about the whole Larry stuff. And I also will have to have a serious discussion with Louis about this whole thing. We have to talk about this. But not when he's drunk.

I've come to terms with him being in love with me. I don't fall into a state of shock anymore. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a bit overwhelming to get to know that the person who broke your heart all those years ago, broke theirs as well.

I've just realized that Louis kinda outed himself. A drunken mistake. He outed himself drunk. He can still play it off but it will be hard for him. I know how much one mistake can do. And how much you can regret saying something when you are drunk.

My biggest drunken mistake was telling Olivia about Louis' and my previous relationship. She uses it to blackmail me. Telling me that if I ever leave her then she will leak that information. I wasn't on speaking terms with Lou the last few years so I would never ever out him. Never. I mean he told me that he wasn't a fag. His choice of words, not mine. Means that I was caught up in this relationship. But I never wanted to end it until Louis came back into my life. And made clear how toxic it is and also kinda showing me what I'm missing. And this talk today... it made me unsure.

I thought, well told myself that I love Olivia, but I to be honest... Louis was always in the back of my head all these years. Every little thing reminded me of him. Every time I kissed someone, I compared them with Louis. How did I not realize this earlier? How did I not realize earlier how much in love I still am? In love... it's such a meaningful phrase but in my head, it just slipped out. And there's no denying it.

I still am in love with Louis and I never fell out of love. He is the love of my life since I was 16.

Realizing just now how many years we let go to waste my eyes start to water. I'm such a crybaby these last few days. Zayn's soft voice gets me out of my trance.

"Hey mate, come here." I leave Louis head dangling in the air when I throw myself into Zayn's arm. I really just need this right now.

Zayn's Pov:

"I still love him." Harry mumbles against my shoulder. These last few minutes he was just staring blankly at the back of the car seat and threading his fingers through Louis' hair. But then suddenly his eyes have started to glass over and I knew it was time for a hug.

"I know mate, I can see that. And it's ok. It's ok." I try soothing him. I mean we... and the whole world... knows that he loves Harry. And it's no big surprise. But I do feel truly sorry for Lou. He just outed himself while being drunk and I'm pretty sure he wasn't ready and probably also wasn't allowed. I guess they will have to have a serious talk tomorrow for both of their sakes.

I see out of my eye's corner that Louis opens his eyes and mouth as well:

"Hazza?" he says sleepily. I can feel Harry wiping his tears away and then he gets out of my embrace to turn around and face Lou. He puts on a strong face but I can see the inner conflict he has when Lou cuddles up to him again. The conflict between melting away because of love and crying because of the problems it brings.

That poor boy.

-------

I have to be honest with you. I kinda got the feeling that I should rewrite this story. Because some parts are boring and way too long and we are still nowhere to the end. And I guess that's a bit shit. I will finish this story no matter what but I'm writing a second version at the same time. That's why it takes me quite long to update because I'm currently rewriting the old chapters. I will also not delete this book but instead I will upload a second version of it as soon as I'm happy with it (I don't want to upload a third version, haha) Sooo, that was quite a short chapter but I hope it was okay....

Hope you like it :)

Have a nice day, love <3

~N

08.11.22