44

"Harry? Please say something." His voice breaks and when I look up, I see through tears how he slowly starts to get up.

--------------

Harry's Pov:

I'm unable to move. I watch him leave. I break down. I let the tears fall down freely. I don't hold back the broken sobs that escape my mouth.

All these years I hated him for nothing. All these years I thought my best friend doesn't accept my sexuality. All these years I thought he was right. All these precious years wasted.

I let myself fall back on my bed. I curl around a pillow and let my tears soak it. I don't hold back. I want the sleep to take me in, to release the tension.

Shortly before I fall asleep, I get to my senses. Lou. I let him walk away. He probably thinks he destroyed our friendship ultimately. He didn't. I just needed time to process what he said. And I can no longer ignore the fluttery feeling in my tummy when he's nearby. It seems like him admitting that he still loves me broke down the final walls. Zayn. He was right and I will have to apologize.

With the last bit of power I have left, I get myself out of bed. Without looking into the mirror, I step out of the room. I know I look like a mess; I don't need a confirmation of that.

I quickly walk over to his room and knock on his door. I fidget nervously, waiting for him to open the door. But nothing happens. The door doesn't open. I hear no sound; no shuffling, nothing. I knock again, a bit harsher than the first time. I wait again, a bit less hopefully that before. Once more I get disappointed. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens.

Sighing I make my way over to Niall's room (Yes, we got the whole floor for ourselves, the hotel is not that big). I knock again. He opens the door with a confused expression as he probably didn't expect a knock at this time of the day. As soon as he sees my disheveled state of being he pulls me into his room by his arms. Just my luck that Zayn and Liam are there as well.

They all look at me expectantly, Zayn seems to know what's going on. Damn mind reader.

"Louis kinda confessed something and I let him leave and I have to find him. As soon as possible." I know that my voice is shaking but I really have to get to him. I don't want him to do something stupid, something that he will regret.

"Ohhh, what did he confess?" Liam and Niall say simultaneously.

Zayn threw them a warning glance and answered honestly: "He didn't turn up here, if that's what you mean. Maybe he went to a bar near here, you know to drown his sorrows. I'm pretty sure it was a heavy talk and if you didn't respond he definitely took it the wrong way. Is there a bar nearby, maybe one you went to before?"

I dawned on me. 17 Black. The bar we shared our first kiss. The one that's in permanent ink on my shoulder. Holy shit. Please tell me he went there.

Zayn apparently read my facial expression already and shooed me away with a: "Go on but tell us first where you are going, so we know where to look for you when you go missing. And please disguise yourself, we don't want another drama."

"17 Black, a bar nearby." was my short answer. I still have to check how the fans reacted to me and Lou hugging. Hmmm, I'll check that tomorrow.

Zayn sent me off with a curt nod and a small smile.

I hastily walked out of the door and went to get me a big oversized hoodie. Luckily the night was quite cold so nobody will look at me weird. I mean it's really hot at daytime, so yeah. Equipped with some aspirin tablets, my hoodie and a hat I walk up to one of my security people and ask them to accompany me. I chose one that could be a friend of mine and wouldn't attract unwanted attention.