never

Hi, this is inspired by a 1958 Lesbian German Movie named "Mädchen in Uniform"

-----------------------------------

Why would she leave?

Why when she knew how much I want to be with her?

She didn't even said goodbye, she didn't even give me a chance to atleast show my love for her one last time.

Is this how it must be? Her leaving and me waiting when will I see her again?

"This...... This is not fair at all, Jennie...." I stammered as I was pulling my hands away from her. I want to run after her but I know that will do nothing as she already left the evening when we were asleep.

"I'm so sorry Therese, I know it's hard for you but we must accept--" I cut her ridiculous words off. How could she say that? She knows what I feel for her!

"Shut it! I won't accept this!" I snapped making all of my classmates looked at me, I looked around angrily and saw Rachel just staring at me, with an emotionless face.

She made her leave, she was the reason why she left, this is her fault..... This.... This is her fault.

"You!" I walked angrily towards the brunette girl and pushed her on the shoulder and surprisingly, she didn't fight back.

Jennie immediately ran to stop me by grabbing my arm but I pulled my arm back while tears streamed down my face.

"You were the reason why she left! You're selfish! You want her all to yourself and your jealousy and greediness led her to leaving us! Leaving me!"

All of my classmates are just watching us, watching me as I point my finger to Rachel, they watched me as I yelled to her while crying.

"Do you know how much I love her,  Rachel? She's my world! She's the only one who believed in me and cared for me...... Nobody else did." I can't hold myself any longer and just broke down in front of the girl who seemed to be crying as well.

I can't explain it, when my mother died it did hurt me in certain ways but I managed to cope, when my aunt punished me I do not feel anything, when our Headmistress punished me it's more than okay. But somehow, when she left it hurt me in all possible ways, it made me feel like I perfectly failed in life.

It made me feel like I lost my heart.

"She will be back Therese I'm sure of it. She loves us and she will miss teaching for sure." Joy said, trying to lighten up the atmosphere in our classroom but it seems that all of us are collectively agreeing that we can't smile and laugh in this situation.

In the situation which our most responsible, kind, beautiful, witty, protective and loving teacher left us without saying goodbye.

"How are you so sure, Joy? We just lost the one person who cares about us. How can you say that she will be back when she didn't even said goodbye when she left?" Vail, who's tearing up suddenly talked.

She's right, what do we expect if she left like that?

We immediately get back on our seats when our Headmistress enters our classroom, she must've noticed our teary eyes so she gestured us to wipe them.

"Young ladies, I know you are sad, I know most of you are grieving...." She looked pointedly at me.

"You all grew very fond of her-- you all looked up to her and I know it. But I want you all to know that I did not decided for her to leave, she decided for herself." The Headmistress look slightly down then back up at us again.

She was about to speak when Rachel raised her hand, the superior woman gestured her to voice out her question.

"Why did she left? Did she say anything before leaving?"

The Headmistress sighed before put her arms gripping her cane slightly.

"She said it will be better for all of us and as much as I don't want to show this to you I think I must." What she said made us all confused.

She pulled out a paper then gave it to Celia, "Read it later when I'm gone, that's a letter for all of you from her."

I peeked to see the paper being kept under Celia's hand.

I want her here, I want her and not a letter.

"Young ladies, please study hard and behave. You all will have a next teacher before the next week comes, that is all. You may read the letter now." Then The Headmistress gracefully walked out, when she finally disappeared, I walked towards Celia then she opened the paper. We read it quietly.

Dear my brave, lovely girls,

I'am so sorry for leaving like this but I believed that this is the best for all of us, I want you all to find your own way without being held back by your adoration to me.

I hope I did not hurt you so much by leaving as I want you all to be in your best right now, I want you all to know that even though I left I still love all of you and cherish our memories 'til the day I die.

I'am always been proud of you and I promise that if we ever get to see each other again, I will greet you with a tight, loving hug and a kiss on your foreheads.

I hope you don't resent me for this, I don't expect forgiveness but I hope you all know that all I want what was best for you my girls.

I love all of you to the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Ms. Gerona

I smiled sadly. I don't resent her, I'm not angry at her.

I hope you know that I'm not mad at you and I still love you. I will never forget you. Never. But I hope you're happy wherever you are right now.

I hope you knew that you are still the most important person to me.

I love you.

---------------------------------------------

Hi. I just want to make it all clear that I don't support teacher x student relationship, that's why they're not together here but I do love that movie as it stated how homophobic is the world before and even in 1910's we already have gay people in this planet, still fighting for their rights to love who they want to love.