CHAPTER 06

CYPRIAN POV

I’m a joke, a complete joke at school! My presentation was by far the worst and I don’t know which is worse, that or the other students laughing at me.

As I wear my uniform, these thoughts seem to eat me.

“ Hey Cyprian, we have more customers coming. Go see what they want.” One of the waiters said and I nodded.

Now I understand why I shouldn’t work on a school night. My body feels exhausted already.
I walked out of our little work station and entered the customer area.

My eyes scanned the place and finally rested on the two blonde women who sat at the back. I fixed my shirt one more time before walking towards them.

“ Good evening ladies,” I said politely. “ Can I help you with anything around here?”

“ We’d like the menu, please.” The older one spoke.

“ Okay, let me go get it.” I said before walking away.

I then grabbed two menu books by the front desk before quickly walking back to them.

“ Here’s the menu.” I spoke quickly, “ Bought some fortune cookies as well, they are on the house.”

“ I don’t believe in fortune cookies,” the younger one mumbled.

“ Won’t hurt cracking one open.” I said. She looked up at me and I smiled. She smiled back. Cute!

Her light brown eyes reminded me of anime drawings and she had a little button nose and some pretty glitter on her eyelids.

I watched as she quickly grabbed one cookie and tried to crack it open.

Her little hands struggled and I noticed the irritation on her face. I decided to force a laughter and said, “ I almost broke my fingers one time. They can be tough sometimes.”

She whispered something to the older woman who then took the cookie from her hands and opened it.

At that instant, the door swung open and I saw Zero and Heather walk in. My mood changed as I frowned.

“ Open up your heart, you are about to receive the greatest gift.” The Little voice said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked down at the little fairy who stared at the fortune cookie message.

“ Can we take our orders now?” the older woman who I suspected was her mother spoke.

“ Yes, of course!” I said and smiled softly.

She looked at the menu and began placing her order. After she was done, I walked away, heading to the kitchen.