CHAPTER 40

KHIA POV

Birds filled the sky as I put on my ear buds and switched on some music. I then walked towards the end of the school building.

What an awesome day! The school bus arrived and I quickly walked towards it.

That was when I saw Cyprian driving out of the school. I smiled shortly. Such a jerk.

Maybe I had to tease him a little. I waved at him playfully but he didn’t even look at me. What was wrong with him?

Whatever! I then turned to face the bus and walked inside before taking a seat next to the window.

Now, I was going home, back to the hell hole! A sigh escaped my lips as I turned up the volume.

“ Let me love you like a boy, trust me I’m not troy but I can do better than he does.”  One of the words sang.

Such a cool song, if only somebody would say that to me! Who was I kidding?

Life was not a fairy tale or movie theater where you sing a song and some random hot guy sings back to you.

Life was tough and brutal. You had to be strong or you would get eaten just like all the kids that get beaten up in the restrooms.

To even think that I was once like them when I first arrived in high school.

The older girls would hit me everyday. No one ever stood up for me. They just all watched and cheered.

It was someone else’s turn now. I was no longer the victim and that was an achievement.

Super heroes get beaten in real life. You don’t ever stand up for anyone because they could be the one's stabbing your back the following day.

Why was I even thinking of such topics?! I quickly shook the thoughts from my head and decided to text Cyprian.

He was such a nice rag doll to play with. So obsessed with ME! Ah! What a jerk!

I quickly wrote a text to him.

Want to f*ck again?

He viewed my message but didn’t respond. What game was he playing?! Geez !

Men, they were so stupid. I guess I would have to see him the next day during the Drug Awareness Group.