CHAPTER 42

KHIA POV

" The décor is coming on Friday. We have to be there when they come." Cyprian spoke as he looked at his phone.

" Okay?" I said.

" Have you been able to spread word to the other grades? We need more people for this thing to be a success."

" Wait! Like really , wait! What the hell happened to you today?!" I asked, looking at the serious Cyprian.

" Haven't you taken the huff?"

" I spoke to Rue, your BFF." He said before looking at me. " You got such a bitchy friend."

I laughed shortly! " Oh my fuckin gosh! You're so rude!"

" Yeah well." He said before going through his pockets.

" Can you be my partner...for the Drug Awareness Party?" I quickly said.

There was silence as he looked at me in shock. What had I done? Maybe he hadn't heard me completely, shit!

Why was I panicking?!

" You want to be partners with me?" he finally asked.

I nodded. " Yeah."

" Why? You want to use me don't ya?" he asked, his eyes narrowed. 

"What are you talking about?" I laughed nervously, "Geez Cyprian, I thought you and I were having fun. What changed?"

"Oh you do?" he asked, his face lighting up.

I pinched him quickly.

" No need to get all excited, it's nothing big." I said, bursting his bubble." Okay champ?"

" Whatever!" he said with a grin. 

Suddenly someone barged inside the hall.

" Guys! You have to see this!" he yelled.

" What's going on?" Cyprian asked.

" Come, it's serious!" he yelled as everyone, including me ran out of the hall following the boy.

Where was he taking us?! We pushed our way forward until we got to the back of the school.

" What is going on?" asked another girl.

There were more people around the school swimming pool.  Cyprian held my hand and pushed his way to the front.

I held onto it tightly until light welcomed us.

There, at the top, Little Miss Perfect Nova stood, looking down at the empty swimming pool.

" Shit! That's sick! Is she killing herself?!" I asked between laughter.