CHAPTER 60

DEXTER POV

“ Nova! I couldn’t stop thinking about you at school. Are you okay?” I spoke nervously, looking down at the blonde girl who was still wearing her night gown.

“ Yes Dexter, I am fine. My doctor wanted to see me…for my monthly checkups.” She answered.

“ I…I’m glad. Here,” I said as I handed a ticket.

She slowly took it. “ Snow White will be showing at cinemas tonight. Do you want to go with me?”

“ Snow White?”

“ It’s a live action reboot.”

“ Okay then, I’ll come with you.” She said with a smile.

“ Really?”

She nodded with a smile. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly.

Realizing that what I had done was awkward, I let her go and cleared my throat. Oh shit! Oh shit!

“ Uh…”

“ I have to go now. Thank you again for agreeing to go out with me.” I quickly said before moving backwards, turning around and walking away.

It was all so exciting and frightening at the same time. Falling in love was crazy.

Maybe I was finally going to have purpose now, maybe everything was coming around.

My friend, Cyprian and I had forgiven each other, Nova was going out with me and I was finally going to let her know what I felt for her.

But was it all too soon?

No, I was being paranoid as usual. Nothing was going to stop me from telling Nova that she was the girl in my dreams.

I was determined to make her see just how much I appreciated her.

A smile filled my face as I walked down the street, hands shoved inside my pockets.

I looked up at the bright sky and everything felt beautiful for a change.

I felt human, just like I should have all these years.
Maybe being a mouse was not so bad!