CHAPTER 52

CYPRIAN POV

Smoke filled my lungs as I cracked open the fifth fortune cookie, looking for answers. Why was my life like this?

What had I done?! A sigh escaped my lips as I puffed out some smoke before pulling out the piece of writing.

The sudden opening of the door startled me as I looked up and saw the little figure carrying a broom.

“ Nova?”

“ What are you doing inside the store room Cyprian?” she asked in her little voice, closing the door behind her.

“ Just chilling,” I said, forcing a smile before dropping the cigarette on the floor.

“ I didn’t see you at the party.”

“ I’m a drug addict.” I answered before folding the piece of paper on my palm and dusting my t-shirt of the smoke. “ What about you? You had a good time?”

“ Yes,” she said before walking towards me and standing before me.

I reached out my hand towards her and she held it and sat down next to me, the broom next to us as well.

“ I’m sorry about what happened at the pool.” I said in a low voice.

“ Okay, I understand. You love Khia don’t you?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “ I dunno really. It’s complicated. What about you and Dexter?”

She shrugged her shoulders as well.

“ That makes two of us then!” I said, looking at her.  “ We’re both complicated.”

She nodded with a smile. Silence then reigned as she looked away,
“ Nova,”

She looked at me and I quickly pressed my lips onto hers. Her lips felt soft and warm.

She didn’t move and I decided to pull away. Seeing her face a shade of red, I began to feel guilty.

“ I shouldn’t…I’m sorry!” I apologized quickly.

She looked at me in shock.

“ Nova…say something please,” I begged, shaking her.

“ Cyprian…”

“ Yes?” I said.

“ Kiss me again.”

“ Are you sure?” I asked in worry.

“ Yes,” as she moved closer to me.

I slowly pushed some of the blonde hairs from her face before cupping her face and kissing her gently.

Our lips met and explored each other. She held onto my face as well and I held her waist with the other hand.

She pushed her body onto me and I had to hold her waist with both hands while she kissed me hungrily.

Although she was kinda sloppy, I was just drawn into her more. She was the opposite of Khia, gentle and sweet.