CHAPTER 29

DEXTER POV

“ What happened to your face?” my father asked as we sat around the table, having breakfast.

“ Nothing,” I answered, going through my phone.

“ Dexter, is everything alright at school?” mom asked.

“ Why do you care? Isn’t this supposed to be good for your Public image?”

“ Dexter!” mom said but dad interrupted her and said, “ Meaning?”

“ You guys do everything for this equality program of yours. Why should it matter if I’m okay?”

“ Take it back!” she said.

“ Okay! Fine! Never mind, I’m fine, school is AWESOME!”

“ Are they bullying you. Is that it? It’s that boy with Vitiligo am I right? I saw the way he talked to you when…” dad asked.

“ Cyprian? No! Why would he? It’s rather Everyone else around him!” I explained.

“ They all hate me. Okay? Is this enough to convince you to take me out of that school?!”

“ You’re being bullied?!” she asked.

“ No! But I hate it there! Do you get that?!”

There was no response. It was as if I was talking alone suddenly.
“ Mom, dad?”

“ We can’t do anything at this point son. But we will address the bullying…”

“ Don’t, I was lying. Never mind. You know what? Leave me alone!” I snapped as I rose the table and walked out of the dining room.

“ Dexter!” she yelled but I chose to ignore her.

What a joke!

For parents, they were being unbelievable.

I had to literally set myself in flames before they realized that I was just not happy with everything.

No matter what they did, I was not happy.

I was a victim of bullying because of them.