CHAPTER 45

HEATHER POV

The buzzing inside my brain seemed to die out as I removed the covers from my upper body.

Sun light crept inside the dull room as I groaned.

What day was it? I couldn’t remember anything but Zero and I drinking from a beer bottle.

“ Zero?” I said as I looked around the room.

There was no response. I winced as I grabbed the phone that was near the lamp, next to his bed.

Everything was just so fuzzy.
The moment I opened it, messages popped in.

My father, stepmother, Nancy and some unsaved numbers had called me. Oh shit, I was in trouble with my family!

I quickly texted them back saying that I was fine and that I had slept at Nancy’s.

Another lie. Oh gosh when was it all supposed to get better?!
Zero, he was gone I realized once I knew that it was a Wednesday. 

He was surely at that  dumb school. I decided to head home at once. Silence filled the room as I wore my shoes and school uniform.

I then walked towards the bathroom and grabbed a hair brush before brushing my hair with it.

It was so quiet. Zero’s father was probably not in as well since he was a police officer.

The maid, however knew me and Zero assured me that she would never tell on him.

After I had brushed my hair, I walked out with my phone and school bag, heading straight home.

The gentle breeze welcomed me as I walked down the road, looking straight before me.

“ Sorry? He beat me up like I was a dog, I can’t even feel my fingers and you’re sorry?!” 

Dexter’s words returned. My forehead frowned as I chose to ignore it.

What kind of monster was I? How could I do what I did?
I hated my body so much!

I just wanted to die and rest, alone deep in the ground. I didn’t deserve anything nice.

“ What the fuck is wrong with you?!” I muttered in anger.

What the hell was wrong with me?! Why was I being a bitch so much?! Why? What was it all for?