CHAPTER 49

HEATHER POV

As I walked inside the school, I received a lot of stares from the other students.

I choose to ignore them. What was wrong with the world? Why was everyone not minding their own business?!

“ Heather,” the familiar voice said as I turned around to face Nancy.

“ Nancy,”

“ You and I were supposed to be partners for this thing. You still want to go ahead?”

“ You don’t have to do this. I could just find…”

“ Yes or no?” she asked me solemnly.

“ Yes,” I said quickly, seeing Zero and his friends walking past us.

“ Good. Let’s go then,” she said as we headed to the hall.

Everyone was dressed in purple t-shirts and it was really hard to tell who from who.

We had to stay close to each other to avoid separation.

Music played as we walked inside the hall, there were tables full of delicious food and drinks along with more purple decorations and banners.

“ Thank you everyone for making it to this most important event. My name is Mrs Johnson and I will be hosting this Drug Awareness Party.”

One of the teachers spoke from the stage as everyone hurried to take their seats.

I sat down next to Nancy and faced the front. Mrs. Johnson then called some guests who gave us speeches about their drug experience and recovery.

We all listened in silence.

“ Nancy…” I whispered softly.

“ What?”

“ I’m sorry.”

“ For what?” she asked.

“ For being a bitch.”

“ Whatever, I don’t really care okay?”

Oh! I nodded slowly. That hurt like hell. She was acting so cold with me suddenly.

“ Randy’s been discharged from hospital. You’ll have both your boyfriends in the same class again next week,”

She added.