CHAPTER 37

HEATHER POV

I heard the cheering of Zero and some of his friends. What had happened now?!

I then picked up my school bag and walked down the hallway. Nancy walked just before me quietly.

We weren’t talking anymore. She was still angry about what I had did. I sighed before continuing my journey.

I had to get home.

That was when I saw Dexter. He looked like a zombie, shirt all bloody and limping.

I stopped walking and froze at the sight. He dragged his body, his puffy eyes looking straight at me.

“ Dexter…” I whispered softly when he walked pass me.

He stopped and froze too.

“ I’m sorry!” I said in guilt.

“ Sorry? He beat me up like I was a dog, I can’t even feel my fingers and you’re sorry?!” 

“ I…you shouldn’t have said what you said about him.” I said.

“ Right! I almost forgot, I am always the problem.” He said before walking away.

A pang of guilt overwhelmed me as I sighed. What had I done?! I was not a human! I was just a monster.

I was just like Zero, a bloody monster!

More people walked pass me, bumping me over.

I fell on my knees and cried silently. I didn’t deserve to live.

As they walked passed me, I sat down and cried. More faces looked at me in confusion.

“ What are you looking at? Go! Just leave me alone!” I cried.

From behind, a strong hand pulled me up on my feet.

“ No!” I resisted.

“ Get up bitch! You did this to yourself. Nobody is gonna feel sorry for you!” Zero whispered in my ear before forcing me to the exit.

Everyone looked at me viciously. They were all judging me.

“ Stop looking at me!” I begged.

“ Shut up and walk. You don’t want another video do you?”

I looked down at my feet, I was a filthy liar. I deserved to feel miserable.

This was my life. Well done Heather!